1st Trimester
Options

oh no!! help please re: progesterone

F*CKKKKKKKKKKKKK

i went to the RE today for my u/s and she wants me to keep taking progesterone suppositories until week 11-12.  she sold me $900 worth of this medication and i effing left it in the car for about, oh, 6 hours!

it is supposed to be kept at room temperature and today, of course, we had unseasonably HOT weather - easily about 15 degrees more than the suggested temperature.

i can't contact my nurse - they aren't around on the weekends. 

tell me i didn't just ruin $900 worth of meds.

PLEASE

Re: oh no!! help please re: progesterone

• Options

Why are you paying $900 for progesterone???????

Is it a suppository??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageelisbu:

Is it a suppository??

dude.  helpful much?

yes, suppository.  i bought 6 weeks worth. 

any answer to my actual question?  would really appreciate the feedback.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

okay I am not a dr but honestly I would think that they would be fine. I would call a pharmacy and see what they say. I think that you should be fine.

I do agree that 900 is a bit much for even 6 weeks...

Anniversary

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Open one.  If it hasn't turned into a mushy mess, I'd say you're alright. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

i'm in canada - i am certain that's the difference.  everything is way more expensive here. 

• Options
    imageboobytrap:
    imageelisbu:

Is it a suppository??

dude.  helpful much?

Dude, I needed more information! I pay $40 a month for 200 mg.

Did it melt or seperate? If it did, I think it's done with? I would call the pharmacy.

• Options
    imageboobytrap:
    imageelisbu:

Is it a suppository??

dude.  helpful much?

Dude rude much?

She's not the one who left in a car..so don't take it out on her.

If they are melted from the heat than I would stay that they are no longer useable.

• Options

hmmm, i have no idea if it has melted.  i mean, it's usually the consistency of light sour cream or a thinner body lotion.  i guess i can open one and see if it seperated or something (that would be a good indicator, no?)

man.  i suck.  i guess my best bet is to call my nurse on monday and ask.  i have enough of non-spoiled stuff to get me through the weekend.

• Options
    imageAutumnLeavesFall:
    imageboobytrap:
    imageelisbu:

Is it a suppository??

dude.  helpful much?

Dude rude much?

If they are melted from the heat than I would stay that they are no longer useable.

oh hey!  f*ck off.

how is that for rude?

• Options
    imageboobytrap:
    imageAutumnLeavesFall:
    imageboobytrap:
    imageelisbu:

Is it a suppository??

dude.  helpful much?

Dude rude much?

oh hey!  f*ck off.

how is that for rude?

You are a Gem!! I hope it melted....

• Options
    imageelisbu:
    imageboobytrap:
    imageAutumnLeavesFall:
    imageboobytrap:
    imageelisbu:

Is it a suppository??

dude.  helpful much?

Dude rude much?

oh hey!  f*ck off.

how is that for rude?

You are a Gem!! I hope it melted....

Not only do I hope they melted, but I hope they laugh at you and charge you another $900 for it.

• Options
    first off... if you have some good ones then quit the freak out on everyone... hey it was an honest question about why you pay so much... you are a gem and really you need to take it down a notch... call a pharmacy if you need to know right now. call your dr's office for an on call person, they will tell you. you left it in the car not everyone else so take your hormones down a notch cause if you keep acting like this no one is going to want to answer any of your post or answer you. and if you did not want us to know how much then maybe you should have left that out and only gave us the facts that you wanted us to answer! I hope it is good and wish you still a happy and healthy 9 months! chillax

Anniversary

• Options
    imageboobytrap:

hmmm, i have no idea if it has melted.  i mean, it's usually the consistency of light sour cream or a thinner body lotion.  i guess i can open one and see if it seperated or something (that would be a good indicator, no?)

What you described sounds very different than what I am taking so now I have no idea.  I am on Cyclogest and it is much more solid than sour cream or a thin body lotion. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageboobytrap:
    imageAutumnLeavesFall:
    imageboobytrap:
    imageelisbu:

Is it a suppository??

dude.  helpful much?

Dude rude much?

oh hey!  f*ck off.

how is that for rude?

Someone forgot to take the stick out her ass. How in the hell are internet strangers supposed to know if your pills are still good. Shove one up your vag and be on your way.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    imagemagdalina.h:
    imageboobytrap:
    imageAutumnLeavesFall:
    imageboobytrap:
    imageelisbu:

Is it a suppository??

dude.  helpful much?

Dude rude much?

oh hey!  f*ck off.

how is that for rude?

Someone forgot to take the stick out her ass. How in the hell are internet strangers supposed to know if your pills are still good. Shove one up your vag and be on your way.

I freaking love you!!

• Options
    imagemagdalina.h:
    imageboobytrap:
    imageAutumnLeavesFall:
    imageboobytrap:
    imageelisbu:

Is it a suppository??

dude.  helpful much?

Dude rude much?

oh hey!  f*ck off.

how is that for rude?

Thank you. I'm sitting here going "how the hell would we know if they are ruined?"

Take it to a 24 hour pharmacy and ask them. Since they can actually see the pill and, you know, have some professional basis on which to make a call like this. Shockingly, sitting here at my computer, I am unable to offer an opinion as to the state of medication somewhere else in the world.

And while I adore some good snark, this was a pretty pointless thing to get worked up about. It's not like she said "hey moron, why did you leave your pills in a hot car" or anything.

• Options
    imageAutumnLeavesFall:
    imagemagdalina.h:
    imageboobytrap:
    imageAutumnLeavesFall:
    imageboobytrap:
    imageelisbu:

Is it a suppository??

dude.  helpful much?

Dude rude much?

oh hey!  f*ck off.

how is that for rude?

I freaking love you!!

Me too! 

• Options
    imagekdodge423:

I give this a 5. Mildly entertaining, had good potential, ended entirely too quickly to score better.

Try harder with your next pointless freak out OP.

Haha I was thinking this exact same thing.

And OP, you are ridiculous....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

lol that *I* am ridiculous.  ooookay weirdos.

• Options

seriously... you are the weirdo! btw read the box yours came in with... it will tell you the highest temp it can be stored at. crinone can be stored up to 86 degrees fairenheight...

Anniversary

• Options
    i think this got way out of hand but I also think OP was just looking to see if someone had experience with this
  • Options
    imageboobytrap:

man.  i suck.  i guess my best bet is to call my nurse on monday and ask.  i have enough of non-spoiled stuff to get me through the weekend.

i would definately call the pharmacist - that's there job to know drugs, they'll know!

• Options
    imageboobytrap:

Ummmm, have you seen your ticker?  Yes, you are ridiculous. 

• Options
    Wow op, you are a class act!
    I think maybe she asked that because the amount you are paying is ridiculous. I paid $60 for the full 12 week supply twice a day 200mg.
    fwiw, I have had horses on progesterone and it was stored in the barn with no ac.
  • Options
    imageboobytrap:

Did you read anything you wrote?

Bookmark it, come back in 20 weeks, laugh with the rest of us.  

• Options
    imageboobytrap:

Umm you call us Weirdo's when you have no idea what color your baby is going to be per your ticker.

• Options
    imageboobytrap:
    imageelisbu:

Is it a suppository??

dude.  helpful much?

I have no answer. I just thought I would post in your thread randomly, since you seem to be rude to those who are asking legit questions. Does that help? 

• Options

just a ? regarding how you're supposed to use a suppository that is the consistency of sour cream?  Is that how they normally are? I am confused.

About the car question: check with a pharmacist over your MD. They know their stuff and could probably tell you exactly whats up.

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i'm pretty sure that if it's still intact that it's fine. i traveled with mine with my first baby and it was warm out and everything was fine. i would check with a pharmacist in the meantime. they can tell you 100% and they have nothing financial to gain
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    She also posted on May 2011 asking "progesterone people" to come help. The progesterone people on 1st tri not cutting it for you, OP?
  • Options

You're pretty much f*cked. No pharmacist is going to advise someone to use a med that was not stored properly- and neither is a doctor or nurse.

It sucks, but try and take it down a notch and purchase your next batch. Oh, and FYI, you shouldn't leave a kid in a hot car either. Just sayin'.

• Options

Uh, as a fellow Canadian I cannot fathom how you're paying $900 for 6 weeks worth of progesterone suppositories.

In the past, I've paid  $6 (without insurance, $35) for 10 days worth. You're getting ripped off.

But seeing as you seem to be a bit of an arrogant bag anyways, I wish they'd charge you $1800.

Stillbirth at 23w6d on Sept, 22, 2008 M/C at 5 weeks June 14, 2010 My miracle, James Frederick born May 2, 2011 via C-section
  • Options

what's wrong with my ticker?

hmmm?

• Options

You see this is why the bump can completely suck. She came on here asking a question and rather than focus on what she was asking, everyone focused on the price she paid for the meds. And when she dares to get annoyed by this, she is suddenly the bad guy. Who the f*ck cares why she had to pay $900 dollars?? After a long journey to get here, she is finally pregnant and nervous. I would think at least one of you ladies on this board would be able to understand that. 

And I don't think anyone on the bump should start making comments on a peron's ticker. Talk about the pot meeting kettle.  

Photobucket
  • Options
    imageboobytrap:

hmmm?

I think you came off pretty bad in this thread, but I have to agree.

The ticker comments were out of line.

• Options
    imageambrandau2:
    imageboobytrap:

hmmm?

• Options
    imageCleo29:

You see this is why the bump can completely suck. She came on here asking a question and rather than focus on what she was asking, everyone focused on the price she paid for the meds. And when she dares to get annoyed by this, she is suddenly the bad guy. Who the f*ck cares why she had to pay $900 dollars?? After a long journey to get here, she is finally pregnant and nervous. I would think at least one of you ladies on this board would be able to understand that. 

And I don't think anyone on the bump should start making comments on a peron's ticker. Talk about the pot meeting kettle.  

Without even checking, let me take a wild guess: You and the OP both post on a Nest board (either ML or TIP, I'm going to bet) and the OP went over to talk about those dumb meanie heads on the Bump. Many "there there" comments were made, snide remarks about stupid people who post on the Bimp were tossed around, and now we can sit back and wait for the influx from said Nest board to tsk tsk us all.

Was I close?

• Options
    imageboobytrap:
    imageambrandau2:
    imageboobytrap:

hmmm?

Since reading is clearly not your strong suit, let me be more clear.

Nothing is wrong with your ticker. Their comments were out of line.

• Options
    imageambrandau2:
    imageboobytrap:
    imageambrandau2:
    imageboobytrap:

hmmm?

Since reading is clearly not your strong suit, let me be more clear.

Nothing is wrong with your ticker. Their comments were out of line.

wow!  are you always this assy?  i read just fine.  this is a very poor sentence:

how can you make a statement that 'you think' and then say, 'but i agree'.  um, that makes no sense. 

• Options
    imageambrandau2:
    imageCleo29:

YOu are right, we do post on the same home board and when other posts show up there from the bump I never reply over here. This time it was different.

Listen, anyone who was put on progesterone is usually done so as a safety measure against m/c, that was at least my personal experience. So you have this woman on progesterone asking if she goofed up with the meds and rather than thinking that she may be nervous about the pregnancy and being helpful (I know that there were several who gave her sound advice) people focused on her spending and with a tone that was not polite or nice. It was not  "wow, I was on those meds and paid x. I think you are getting a raw deal and should inquire why you are paying so much."

So, yes I thought that many of the posters here were rude first. Yes, I felt like sticking up for a "friend" who has been on an incredibly tough journey to even get pregnant and is nervous. Lastly, yes I wanted to point out that more times than not, there is a serious lack of compassion on this board for someone who is new.

Without even checking, let me take a wild guess: You and the OP both post on a Nest board (either ML or TIP, I'm going to bet) and the OP went over to talk about those dumb meanie heads on the Bump. Many "there there" comments were made, snide remarks about stupid people who post on the Bimp were tossed around, and now we can sit back and wait for the influx from said Nest board to tsk tsk us all.

Was I close?

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"