Maryland Babies
Options

how has being a mom changed you?

Because I am procrastinating on doing work as usual. Or, for the PG ladies, how has being PG changed you as a person?

My answer: I am definitely more empathetic toward any situation that involves children. Before, if I heard stories of child abuse, childhood cancer, etc I would think "OMG how tragic and awful" but now those things really hit me hard and make me cry.

I also have more sympathy for frazzled moms. This poor woman in target had newborn twins the other day, they both started crying while she was in the checkout line. I totally wanted to jump out of my line and help her; she looked like she was about to cry too.

But ironically, I seem to have less patience with bad/irresponsible parents....odd.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: how has being a mom changed you?

• Options

I think I'm more aware of how fast things can change and how fragile everything is.  I haven't had any particularly bad experiences, but I know that's just dumb luck for the most part.

I agree - it gives me alot more sympathy for moms in general.  I have had the same experience where you see a frazzled mom and you just want to say  "Here, let me help"  I've seem moms on the metro too - that a few years ago, I would have said - wow, that's a shitty mom, but now I see myself and realize we all have days and she probably hasnt' slept in 3 days.

In general, I feel more "connected" to everyone else - I feel like I am plugged into a sisterhood now that I didn't even know existed - excpet in a really judgemental way.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"