Hawaii Babies
Options

Had my NT Scan today.

And all went well!  Baby was bouncing around all over the place, it was like a little gymnist.  However, baby was being quite the stinker because it wouldn't stay in one place for too long because it would always turn on it's side to look like it was looking at us.  It was funny.

All in all, heartbeat was good (which leaned towards the faster side...girl perhaps???)  All limbs looked good, and the guy was able to see the baby's bladder already.  That seems so crazy to me!  The only thing it couldn't get were the kidney's and whatever else in that region.  But more than likely we should see it at my next u/s.

Also he said my placenta was really low and wanted to see it up more in my stomach, but hopefully that will correct itself over time.  At twelve weeks, shouldn't it be just starting to move out of my pelvic area and up towards my stomach??  Hopefully it will fix itself regardless.

All in all, great appointment and I feel like so much unecessary worry has been lifted off my shoulders!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
| Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
| Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
| Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |

Re: Had my NT Scan today.

• Options

yay! glad everything went well.

i had a partial placenta previa...your placenta doesn't really move, but they say that as the uterus grows, the placenta can appear to shift and move relatively upwards... the vast majority do.

if it doesn't, then they'll schedule you for a c/s ...but too early to worry about it right now. by the time we had our anatomy scan, my placenta was way up high and far away from my cervix :)

• Options
    Yay! Glad to hear that your appt went so well! I wouldn't worry too much about the placenta for now, but I hope everything continues to go smoothly!
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hooray!  That's awesome...don't worry yet about placenta previa...I am sure they'll watch you for it and see what happens.  You're almost into the second tri...enjoy this time!
  • Options
    glad it went well!  It's so fun to watch them move around in there!!
  • Options

Glad you enjoyed seeing the baby and that everything looked good. It amazes me that LO's are in there moving around and you can't even feel it yet. When I went to my NT scan, I couldn't believe that the baby was going crazy and I felt nothing, I can't wait to feel him/her move around. 

Also about your placenta, mine didn't move until about 26-28 weeks. So it took some time to move up. It was low on my NT scan, the 20 week u/s and a 24 week u/s and then they did the one around 26-28 weeks and it had moved. So don't worry about it yet, there's plenty of time for it to move.

• Options
    yay!!  glad things went well Big Smile
  • Options
    I am so glad it went well :)  Your pregnancy reminds me a lot of my own, I was so worried in the beginning because I had no symptoms except fatigue :)  Once I saw him on our first ultrasound a HUGE weight was lifted, it felt amazing.  I am so happy for you guys.
    I love Hawaii!

Tara & Ian . 4/24/2008 . The Kahala Planning . Married

• Options
    YAY COngratulations Lindsay...you must have breathed a huge sigh of releif. I know I did after my NT scan.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image Heather and Mark | Lanikuhonua 8-14-08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"