South Florida Babies
Options

Getting to know Our Husbands....

Hi Ladies! The board has been pretty slow lately! Hope you are all doing well. Here's a questionnaire to keep it going a bit...

All About the Men in Our Lives

1. What is the age difference between you and your husband?

2. How did you meet?

3. What's your Wedding Date and Where did you go for your honeymoon?

4. What's your favorite thing to do together?

5. Under normal circumstances, is your husband helpful around the house? Do you follow the 50/50 rule or is there a pure gender role (men do men things and vice versa)?

5. If you are expecting - how has he been handling the pregnancy?

6. If you have kids, how have things changed for you as a couple?

7. Does he help with the kids and to what extent?

8. How do you keep the "fire" alive when you have kids?

If anyone has any other burning questions you would like to add, feel free and just add a # to it! :)

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Laura

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Getting to know Our Husbands....

• Options

1. What is the age difference between you and your husband? 2 years

2. How did you meet? we worked together, he was the Sexy IT voice on the other end of the phone, I couldnt wait to put a face to the voice

3. What's your Wedding Date and Where did you go for your honeymoon? January 16 2004 and Chicago

4. What's your favorite thing to do together? Have sex in public places......HA!

5. Under normal circumstances, is your husband helpful around the house? Do you follow the 50/50 rule or is there a pure gender role (men do men things and vice versa)? He's really helpful, though there are still things that I do more than he does.

5. If you are expecting - how has he been handling the pregnancy? No more babies for this lady!

6. If you have kids, how have things changed for you as a couple? Its got its good and bad. The older the kids get, the better things get for us. 

7. Does he help with the kids and to what extent? He is absolutely and totally hands on with the boys, he even coaches Alex's football team

8. How do you keep the "fire" alive when you have kids? Lots of drinking!!!!! LOL!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

1. What is the age difference between you and your husband? 5.5 yrs

2. How did you meet? A friend invited me to one of her friend's get togethers and my hubby was the cousin of my friend's friend. lol We didn't really talk much at the party but he asked to meet up in a group another day and we hit it off and the rest is history.

3. What's your Wedding Date and Where did you go for your honeymoon? June 17, 2006 and we went to Paris, France. :)

4. What's your favorite thing to do together? We do love to travel together and learn about new places. Going to Heat games has been our thing since the start as well!

5. Under normal circumstances, is your husband helpful around the house? Do you follow the 50/50 rule or is there a pure gender role (men do men things and vice versa)? Ever since we started dating, we've been 50/50 but of course give or take...there are certain things that are easier for a man to do and for a woman to do. We were never the type to say the man always has to pay or the woman always has to be the "cleaner."

6. If you are expecting - how has he been handling the pregnancy? Not pregnant now but when I was, he was so helpful and understanding with all the changes that happened.

7. If you have kids, how have things changed for you as a couple? Well, I have to agree that there is good and bad. The good - there is nothing sexier than seeing your husband take care of you and your kids. The bad - I do miss some aspects of our "childless"life. I wish that we could have more date nights and "alone" time. I am not the kind who wants to go out every weekend but once a month would be nice to say we spent it together.

8. Does he help with the kids and to what extent?  He's always been very helpful. Now that I am on maternity leave though I think I've taken the lead on doing most things for the kids and it's been rough since I've had very little break. He works so I understand that but to be honest, taking care of 2 is so much harder than going to work!

9. How do you keep the "fire" alive when you have kids? I am still learning on this one so getting all your ideas will be great! Alcohol would be one, too bad I am BFing. LOL

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1. What is the age difference between you and your husband?  He's 2 yrs older

2. How did you meet?  Initially, at a fraternity party, but remembered each other from HS, even though we never met

3. What's your Wedding Date and Where did you go for your honeymoon?  6/4/05 - Europe

4. What's your favorite thing to do together?  Hangout at home, just us 2

5. Under normal circumstances, is your husband helpful around the house? Do you follow the 50/50 rule or is there a pure gender role (men do men things and vice versa)?  Overall, he helps a lot, more than expected... but there are a lot.

5. If you are expecting - how has he been handling the pregnancy?  He's taken over a lot of everything, especially during 1st tri that I couldnt' do anything... and lately that I need to be resting due to edema

6. If you have kids, how have things changed for you as a couple?  N/A

7. Does he help with the kids and to what extent?  N/A

8. How do you keep the "fire" alive when you have kids?  N/A

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yes the board has been super slow. Where is everyone at.  

1. What is the age difference between you and your husband? 3 years

2. How did you meet? friend of a friend lol

3. What's your Wedding Date and Where did you go for your honeymoon? 8/8/8 honeymoon my aunt gave us her condo she rents out at the beach for the week as a gift

4. What's your favorite thing to do together? spend time together

5. Under normal circumstances, is your husband helpful around the house? Do you follow the 50/50 rule or is there a pure gender role (men do men things and vice versa)? 50/50 all the way we have to help one another

5. If you are expecting - how has he been handling the pregnancy? when i was expecting at first he freaked out but then he was happy and involved

6. If you have kids, how have things changed for you as a couple? it has changed everything we hardly have time for one another since we both work and the time we have with the baby is more important.

7. Does he help with the kids and to what extent? He does alot of the things changes diapers, feed, bath her of cousre not every day but he helps

8. How do you keep the "fire" alive when you have kids? good question and would have to see what people say her.

• Options

1. What is the age difference between you and your husband?  4 months

2. How did you meet? We met when we were 18 outside of a club-- I was there with a bunch of friends one of them being his cousin.  We all went to Dennys..

3. What's your Wedding Date and Where did you go for your honeymoon? Feb 21 2004,  We flew to Puerto Rico and took a cruise from there that went to Barbados, Dominica, St. Thomas, St. Kitts & Nevis (MY FAVE) and St. Lucia.

4. What's your favorite thing to do together? My favortie thing to do together would be going out to dinner and dancing.  His answer would probably be fishing.. LOL He is always trying to get me to go on the boat with him.. I love taking the boat out but not to fish..

5. Under normal circumstances, is your husband helpful around the house? Do you follow the 50/50 rule or is there a pure gender role (men do men things and vice versa)? He does all major stuff around the house and I guess yes man stuff.  Garbage and lawn.  But he will also fold laundry while he watches TV and do the dishes too.. But those are things I just have to say, "hey can you do____ while I do ____ " or he wont notice the dishes piling up.. LOL

5. If you are expecting - how has he been handling the pregnancy? I am expecting our 3rd.  And he doesn't act much different.  He is excited but nothing has changed too much.

6. If you have kids, how have things changed for you as a couple? I agree with the PP that now that the kids are more self sufficient we have gotten back to a more "us" stage.  Of course we are adding another baby into the mix but I honestly think we know how to deal with each other much better than we did when we first had them.

7. Does he help with the kids and to what extent? Yes he does.. We are pretty tag teamy when it comes to them.. :) And of course he does the soccer coaching, etc..

8. How do you keep the "fire" alive when you have kids? Um drinking works.. LOL but we also have date nights and I love when the kids go to bed at 8 and we just hang out, watch TV, do laundry.. LOL

• Options
    imageLizC78:

8. How do you keep the "fire" alive when you have kids? Um drinking works.. LOL but we also have date nights and I love when the kids go to bed at 8 and we just hang out, watch TV, do laundry.. LOL

I think this is so important. The kids are extremely important of course, but nurturing your relationship with hubby is key! I've tried to get the boys to sleep by 8 so we can have some alone time but it has been so hard with my husband getting home from work so late and working out right after. Will have to pull something off. ;)

• Options

1. What is the age difference between you and your husband? He's 2 years older

2. How did you meet? Work, we were friends for about 5 years before we dated.

3. What's your Wedding Date and Where did you go for your honeymoon? May 13, 2006 we went to Paris and the Loire Valley in France and Milan and Venice in Italy for 2 weeks.

4. What's your favorite thing to do together? We love to travel, we don't do it as often now that we have a daughter, but we still try and do one "big" trip each year.

5. Under normal circumstances, is your husband helpful around the house? Do you follow the 50/50 rule or is there a pure gender role (men do men things and vice versa)? He likes to clean and tidy up more than I do, but I do the laundry, cooking, etc.  We do have a cleaning lady so that helps with the cleaning stuff.  Also, since he travels a lot, I end up having to do a lot of the "traditional" guy stuff - take the trash out, clean the kitty litter. 

6. If you are expecting - how has he been handling the pregnancy? N/A

7. If you have kids, how have things changed for you as a couple? It's a lot harder and a bigger adjustment than I thought it would be.  Some things are better, others are worse.

8. Does he help with the kids and to what extent?  He's a great dad and very very hands on with Alexis.  As i said, he travels frequently for work, but when he's around, he takes her out for an afternoon so I can have some time to myself, he gives her baths, etc.

9. How do you keep the "fire" alive when you have kids? Uh, fire? Yeah, alcohol Drinks

image image

• Options

He is almost 4 years older

2. How did you meet?

On AOL, not a dating site. He just happen to come across my profile (remember those) and I happened to be online, we chatted for a few weeks, met in person and the 25th of August 2001, have been together ever since.

02/26/05- We honeymooned in California, drove down PCH and loved it!

Now that we have 3 kids, our favorite thing to "do" is just be alone. Wether it's out to dinner, or just when all three boys are asleep!

5. Under normal circumstances, is your husband helpful around the house? Do you follow the 50/50 rule or is there a pure gender role (men do men things and vice versa)?

We are very "old school". He brings home the bacon and I do the rest. That's how it has always been and I like it that way. He helps when I need him to without hesitation mostly with the kids.

n/a

Of course they have changed, there is definately more love in our couple since the birth of our boys but also more tension and arguing at times.

He'll do what ever needs to be done with the boys except waking to feed the baby since I nurse.

I am not sure why but it seems that the fire has been burning stronger and wilder since having kids. We still have lots of fun! ;)

• Options

He is 3 years older

2. How did you meet?

We worked together and met in 2003. Been together ever since.

07/24/09; Montego Bay, Jamaica

Cuddle, watch movies... and believe it or not, just hang out and watch sports games with eachother. We are fanatics.

We are pretty "traditional". I usually clean, cook, do laundry, and do things indoors. My DH usually handles everything outdoors - cutting grass, yardwork, physical work. But he's SO helpful. It's OUR home and we're pretty good at keeping things equally distributed.

Great... he's super excited. It's our first and he's so happy. He brought me home a "full body" pillow the other day so I can sleep better :)

n/a

n/a

I hope that we can continue to have our alone time and create "date nights" for us two to just go out and have some fun!

• Options

1. What is the age difference between you and your husband? He is 3 years older

2. How did you meet? We met on EHarmony. Best 40.00 bucks ever spent

3. What's your Wedding Date and Where did you go for your honeymoon? May 16, 2009. We went on a seven day cruise to Aruba, St. Thomas, Curacao and DR

4. What's your favorite thing to do together? We love just spending time together, lately since the baby has been born we love our date night.

5. Under normal circumstances, is your husband helpful around the house? Do you follow the 50/50 rule or is there a pure gender role (men do men things and vice versa)? He helps out alot. I can't complain.

5. If you are expecting - how has he been handling the pregnancy? When I was pregnant, he basically wanted me to live in a bubble.

6. If you have kids, how have things changed for you as a couple? Jacob has brought us alot closer. We have always been close, but it's a different feeling now. A different type of love that is so wonderful.

7. Does he help with the kids and to what extent? He is a very hands on dad. He does everything I do and more.

8. How do you keep the "fire" alive when you have kids? Date Night ;o) 

• Options

1. What is the age difference between you and your husband? I am 4 years older

2. How did you meet? Online

3. What's your Wedding Date and Where did you go for your honeymoon? 3/22/08

4. What's your favorite thing to do together? We love watching foreign movies and hockey games when in season (Buffalo fans)

5. Under normal circumstances, is your husband helpful around the house? Do you follow the 50/50 rule or is there a pure gender role (men do men things and vice versa)? Very helpful, somethings I'm very picky about so I'll do them but the things I hate to do he'll do for me, it fluctuates but I would say in the end it's pretty even!

5. If you are expecting - how has he been handling the pregnancy? Not- When I was, he was an angel about it!

6. If you have kids, how have things changed for you as a couple?  Lots!  So much harder to get alone time...  Even at night sometimes we think we can sit through a movie and she wakes up crying cause she's teething or something....

7. Does he help with the kids and to what extent? He helps a lot, changing her, looking after her, sometimes I just want to do things peacefully around the house and he'll take her out for the afternoon!

8. How do you keep the "fire" alive when you have kids?  We are working on that, trying to get some date nights here and there and such

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

1. What is the age difference between you and your husband? He's 2 years older

2. How did you meet? In a photography gtg in London.

3. What's your Wedding Date and Where did you go for your honeymoon? March 20th, 2010.  We went on two honeymoons, both Caribbean cruises.

4. What's your favorite thing to do together? Used to be shooting (with cameras).  We haven't done much togehter in a while thanks to shitty schedules.

5. Under normal circumstances, is your husband helpful around the house? Do you follow the 50/50 rule or is there a pure gender role (men do men things and vice versa)?  He's just incredible.  I couldn't not do it without him. He does everything, sometimes more than me.  However, he does not do toilets LOL.

5. If you are expecting - how has he been handling the pregnancy? NA

6. If you have kids, how have things changed for you as a couple? It's not just about us anymore.

7. Does he help with the kids and to what extent?  Again, when we are all home, he's Liev's main care taker.

8. How do you keep the "fire" alive when you have kids?Well, we are failing.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"