Pregnant after a Loss
Options

How long does it take procardia to "kick in"

My next dose wasn't until 10:30 but I had to take it early b/c of painful contractions.  I took it about 20 min ago and If in an hour or so they haven't gotten better I need to call. 

Re: How long does it take procardia to "kick in"

• Options
    No idea, but sending hugs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I hope it isn't long!
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I took my last dose an hour ago, because I was starting to contract. And now, I'm starting to wonder the same thing as you because the Procardia hasn't kicked the contractions yet.. They're getting more painful, not less.

In my week's worth of experience with this, Procardia usually started working pretty quickly, like within 15-20 min.

• Options
    imagelax15bsu:
    I took my last dose an hour ago, because I was starting to contract. And now, I'm starting to wonder the same thing as you because the Procardia hasn't kicked the contractions yet.. They're getting more painful, not less.

In my week's worth of experience with this, Procardia usually started working pretty quickly, like within 15-20 min.

It must be the full moon.

Mine have slowed after about an hour 

• Options
    imagemkoelker:
    imagelax15bsu:

It must be the full moon.

Mine have slowed after about an hour 

Dammit, I put that full moon out of my mind, lol. I'm very glad your ctx have slowed down! That's very good news.

• Options
    For me, sometimes it kicked in 30min after a dose and other times it took almost an hour. I'm glad your contractions are slowing down!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Babywearing, cloth diapering, formula and breastmilk feeding, still can't believe I'm a mom, momma to my little man, two furbabies, and two angel babies.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"