North Carolina Babies

Halloween costumes?

What is your LO going to be for Halloween? I had a cheerleader outfit that I'd gotten from a consignment sale, and my plan was to just let Holly wear that--maybe get her some pompoms or something. Well I tried it on her the other day, and the skirt is HUGE, and the shirt is incredibly short. So, back to the drawing board. We also have a dog costume with a dog head hood, which she likes to pet, but is terrified to wear on her body.. LOL. so that's out.

So I'm thinking of making something (in addition to about 4 other crafty projects I have going on right now, so we'll see about that), but need some ideas. What is your LO going to be this year?

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

Re: Halloween costumes?

• Wesley is gonna be an Ewok (https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Toddler-Ewok-Costume/dp/B0029U0VWG). I'm trying to convince Aaron that we should be Han Solo and Princess Leia, but I don't think he's gonna go for that...he's not much on dressing up.
  • Either Batman or a lion. I've picked up both outfits at consignment sales. He's really into "roaring" right now & we're going to the zoo just a few days before Halloween, so I hope he'll be cooperative with the lion costume.
  • Loading the player...
  • Natalie is just going to wear her Ariel princess dress, with a wand and tiara.

Claire is going as a pink bunny:  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B001EVPGGW/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=507846&s=gateway

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ella's going to be a ladybug.  I got a costume at a consignment sale and picked up some black leggings to go under it.  I was thinking of maybe getting some kind of antenna's too, but haven't ventured that far. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Emily is going to be cinderella. My aunt is making her dress & I need to start looking for accessories like gloves & head bands ( I already got these shoes, which she LOVES) I totally need a bumpit for her updo Stick out tongue though that is not very likely
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have no idea!!!! I remember the days of it being freezing up north for halloween and wishing it was hotter.  Now, I wish it would be colder, so many of the costumes Lillian will sweat in.  Especially since we are going to Florida for Halloween.

If I was in NY, this is what she would be....

https://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536784

Sully!

• Margo is going to be a TIGER (the old navy costume)! we're taking it as a handmedown from her cousin ;)  I'm hoping she'll be crawling by then bc that will be funny. 

• I want Jack to be Plex cuz he LOVES him and I'm just working on trying to find the costume at a reasonable price and in his size!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Keira is going to be a cow. We were at Carters and she found the costume and said "Moo" for the first time, although she said it "MO MO!" So that was that. In the cart it went and I'm praying for a cool day so she does not die of heat stroke!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imageslhall730:

I have no idea!!!! I remember the days of it being freezing up north for halloween and wishing it was hotter.  Now, I wish it would be colder, so many of the costumes Lillian will sweat in.  Especially since we are going to Florida for Halloween.

If I was in NY, this is what she would be....

https://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536784

Sully!

We were in Florida last year for Halloween and Ella was a frog and that costume lasted all of 15 minutes.  It was so hot - poor thing was soaked in sweat.  Hopefully it'll be cooler for you than it was for us!   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • The plan is for Jack to be a lion - he loves to roar like a lion and the costume is adorable. But, the only problem is he won't put the costume on!  He loves to pet the lion and hug/kiss the costume, but as soon as I try to put him on it, he becomes terrified. We've still got a few weeks to get him to warm up to it...
  • imageHeels.Fan03:
    The plan is for Jack to be a lion - he loves to roar like a lion and the costume is adorable. But, the only problem is he won't put the costume on!  He loves to pet the lion and hug/kiss the costume, but as soon as I try to put him on it, he becomes terrified. We've still got a few weeks to get him to warm up to it...

This is exactly how Holly is with her doggie costume!

• Zoe's going to be a ladybug. I'm getting the tutu and wings from Etsy. She has a black shirt already. I figure she'll play dress up when she's older with the tutu and wings. If it's cold, I have leggings that would work with the outfit.
  • I have no idea!  Liam's still so finicky about what he'll wear, I'm afraid to spend $ on a costume and he won't wear it.  I'm thinking about doing something like a little doctor in scrubs or something like that, that's not really costume-y.  I really wish this Thomas costume came in his size - he'd totally wear that and be in love!
    Rachel & Bill 9-10-05, Liam Andrew born 5-30-08 (formerly lakebride05)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ladybugs must be popular this year!!  :)  I got B's ladybug costume for $2 at the consignment sale, complete with wings & antenna...however, the dress part is actually a little picked so I've been looking on craigslist to see if maybe I can find another one.  I'm also hitting up a church consignment sale tomorrow so maybe I'll find one there! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH wants to find a cheap/ toy saddle so we can put it on our great dane.  Then, DS will go as a cowboy.  I'm not sure how that is going to turn out, but that's our plan for now. 
  • imageHeels.Fan03:
    The plan is for Jack to be a lion - he loves to roar like a lion and the costume is adorable. But, the only problem is he won't put the costume on!  He loves to pet the lion and hug/kiss the costume, but as soon as I try to put him on it, he becomes terrified. We've still got a few weeks to get him to warm up to it...

We are in the same boat...hopefully repeated exposure will desensitize our little ones! 

• Jocelyn is going to be a New England Patriots cheerleader complete with pom poms. I am just working on finding a bow!
  • Maddie is going to be a ballerina! I already have a tutu from her 1 year pictures, and I bought a leotard, tights and little ballet slippers at Old Navy. And she will look precious with a little ballerina bun!
  • R is gonna be a bunny.  I got the costume from a consignment sale.  I am hoping for a cool day b/c she'll be hot otherwise!
  • imagejenhum:
    Maddie is going to be a ballerina! I already have a tutu from her 1 year pictures, and I bought a leotard, tights and little ballet slippers at Old Navy. And she will look precious with a little ballerina bun!

ohh good idea! We have a tutu, maybe I will do that!

• imagejenhum:
    Maddie is going to be a ballerina! I already have a tutu from her 1 year pictures, and I bought a leotard, tights and little ballet slippers at Old Navy. And she will look precious with a little ballerina bun!

ohh good idea! We have a tutu, maybe I will do that!

• Ok, I've made a decision... seeing how we're not even going anywhere (can't go to the Bumpie Halloween GTG, and DH's fall festival is in Nov this year), I'm taking the slack way out. I found black kitty ears for $1 at Target, and Holly loves wearing them... So, I'll be adding a black shirt, black pants, a tail, and some painted on whiskers.

May not be creative, but I'm thinking she's going to make one super cute black cat. :-)

• Tipp will be a Puppy Dog. I originally wanted him to have the Dragon costume from Carter's, but it's two pieces and he is still small, so the one-piece will be much easier. 

He has tons of Halloween outfits I bought on clearance last year and cannot wait to start wearing some "fallish" clothes soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"