North Carolina Babies

NBR: Jean/Boot ?

Are there any jeans to wear with boots that are NOT skinny jeans (that don't make you look like a Russian soldier)? I'm sure I'd look absurd in skinnies (b/c my rear end & thighs are anything but skinny!), so I'm looking for another denim option.  I have my eye on a pair of boots I really want for fall/winter, but I just don't think I have anything to wear them with (except leggings).

Re: NBR: Jean/Boot ?

• I wear boot cut jeans almost all the time (when I wear jeans) and as the name implies, they fit nicely over my boots.

I'm convinced skinny jeans were not made for women who have had children and actually have a normal shapely womanly body.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageraceyrae:

I wear boot cut jeans almost all the time (when I wear jeans) and as the name implies, they fit nicely over my boots.

I'm convinced skinny jeans were not made for women who have had children and actually have a normal shapely womanly body.

I should have clarified, I need something to tuck into my boots (to show off the cute boots that I want). I'm pretty sure just about all of my jeans are boot cut as well, fit great over - not into.

Maybe I'll just stick to leggings and LONG tunics to cover my booty. 

• Loading the player...
  • Ah...I see.  Then I'm not sure.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Have you tried on some skinnies?  You might actually like the skinnies tucked into boots and some kind of tunic/longer shirt that would cover some of your booty.  I felt the same way about skinnies until I tried them on and now I love them. 

If you hate the skinnies, you could also try on some jeans that are just straight leg.  They may work.

IMO, you want the thighs/calves of whatever pants you wear to be fitted/tight when you tuck them into boots.

• imagehgunter:

Have you tried on some skinnies?  

No, I'm SCARED! I may get adventurous and try on a pair...just a bit worried about my self-esteem afterward... 

• I would stick with the leggings and tunic thing.  That is one of my most favorite comfy outfits.  As for jeans- take a look at straight leg or ankle length pants so they wouldnt be too bulky.  Good luck.
  • Try the Gap Real Straight.  They have a narrow leg--but they are not as fitted as skinnies.

https://www.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=48597&mlink=5664,1919239,5&clink=1919239

I also have a pair of Kut from Kloth skinny jeans.  I really like them--the waist is a little higher than most, and they are not quite as skinny as 'skinny jeans' typically are.  They have a good amount of stretch, but they don't get super baggy; the spandex must be woven in sch a way that they don't get too loose.  They are narrower than the Gap Real Straights though.Mine are like this, but I found them on the 70% off rack at Belk:

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/3068708

• imageBackthePack:
    imagehgunter:

Have you tried on some skinnies?  

No, I'm SCARED! I may get adventurous and try on a pair...just a bit worried about my self-esteem afterward... 

Go for a more expensive brand when you do try a pair on--and don't go to a 'junior' store.

• My sister just got a pair of skinny jeans from Lands End.  They are the fit 1 and are made with tummy control.  I've been meaning to Sears to try on a pair.  She loves them!

You will definitely want a slimmer fit to wear your boots on the outside.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"