South Florida Babies
Options

Father Maternity Leave

Someone mentioned this to me the other day?

I had never heard of it. Can men get "maternity leave" from their jobs when we have the baby?

I'm just curious. I tried to look it up online, but I don't think I was able to find a clear answer to the state of Florida.

:)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Father Maternity Leave

• Options
    Yes, paternity leave is real. :) I think it depends on his employer, though, not the state. His HR department should be able to tell him what, if anything, they allow.
  • Options

Thank you! I'm going to ask him to check it out.

I think that's GREAT!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

husbands can take paternity leave- However, it is not required for the father to be paid, just like some employers will not pay for maternity leave. 

FMLA applies to all public agencies, all public and private elementary and secondary schools, and companies with 50 or more employees. These employers must provide an eligible employee with up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave each year for any of the following reasons:

• for the birth and care of the newborn child of an employee;
    • for placement with the employee of a child for adoption or foster care;
    • to care for an immediate family member (spouse, child, or parent) with a serious health condition; or
    • to take medical leave when the employee is unable to work because of a serious health condition.
  • Options

imagemjz:
    Yes, paternity leave is real. :) I think it depends on his employer, though, not the state. His HR department should be able to tell him what, if anything, they allow.

This.

DH's job gives him like 480 hours or something like that of FMLA. Paternity Leave is up to 6 weeks and covered under that. It's not paid but if he has any vacation time they apply it to that. He was off for the 4 days we were in the hospital and then for a week after we got home. My family was here so there was no need for him to stay home :)

TTC #1 May/June 2008
    CP 7.19.08
    Dx with PCOS 3.27.09
    HSG 7.15.09 = All clear
    8.09 & 9.09(re-try) IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel=cancelled due to cysts
    10.09 IUI #1/2 - Clomid 100mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel Crinone 8%=BFP!
    22mm Follie / 60mil & 48mil post wash counts Beta #1 (14dpiui)= 102 Beta #2 (18dpiui)= 714 12.3.09 HB 135bpm

Our baby boy was born on 7.8.10 @ 38 weeks 2 days! 2:17pm 6lbs 8oz 20" long
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    TTC #2
    HSG 2.2013 - IUI 1/2, 3/4 = BFN - Took 4 month forced break
    IUI 5/6 Clomid 150mg Follistim 150iu Ovidrel ( 11 & 15 mil post wash counts) = 2ww
  • Options

The company my hubby works for gives 2 weeks paid paternity leave on top of vacation, sick days etc.  He used it differently with each kid (as the needs were so different) but it was awesome to have!

• Options
    Thanks for your input ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"