School-Aged Children
Options

Volunteering

How involved are you at your kid's school?

Re: Volunteering

• Options
    I'm always the roomparent for at least one of my DDs' classes.  I also volunteer in the classroom, library, and computer lab.  I go to all the parties for my younger two and most of the field trips. 
  • Options
    Before DS2 was older and DS3 was born I would help out at classroom parties, book fairs, and be a chaperon on field trips.  I went to one field trip last year.  I am not sure about this year though. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

DS1 12-31-1999, DS2 5-7-2008, DS3 8-3-2010
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have to volunteer at DS's school. You have to do lunch or recess duty, that's mandatory. If you can't, you have to pay a $50 fee or have someone cover it for you. (Yay private school. ha!) I also volunteer as the Technology Room Mom on Thursdays.
  • Options

I volunteer as Art Docent, as well as what I consider the fun volunteer jobs. Every class party, I bring my camera (I'm a photographer), take pictures and put them on DVDs for the teachers. For school social events, I've volunteer to work a station. I'll also volunteer when they have research projects in the library. It's fun to help the kids find things in books and on the computer.

Newlyweds since 2007
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"