TTC After a Loss
Options

New Here... I just cant stand it anymore!!

I'm new here. I have been reading the board thru email alerts for quite sometime but I have yet to post on here. A little about me.... I am 26, married 4 months ago. I have one 6 1/2 year old son and one 6 year old step daughter.

Now onto my issue. I just cant stand it anymore that we arent pregnant. My hubby and I have been TTC for 5 months. I got pregnant the beginning of July and had a miscarriage the beginning of August. We were both DEVISTATED!!! They said there was no reason for it, just that I had a miscarriage. A month later I go to the doc for HORRIBLE pains only to find out I had a cyst on my left ovary burst. I had my period 28 days TO THE DAY after my miscarriage. We got the go ahead from my doc to start trying again after my first period. So I would have ovulated last week. We could be pregnant now... just havent tested yet and I dont "feel" pregnant. Could the issues with the cyst on my ovary be preventing me from carrying a baby? I had an IUD in for 2 years, got it taken out in May. It was the one with no hormones, could that be causing a problem? My first pregnancy was a BREEZE! I honestly thought this time around would be too. I just dont know why I couldnt carry our baby. What can I do to up our chances of getting pregnant soon?

We honestly thought we would be a few months pregnant by now and we arent. I realize 5 months doesnt seem like a long time to those of you that have been trying for longer but it seems like an eternity to us. Now SEVERAL of our friends have discovered they are pregnant. These are people that have had so many issues with trying to get pregnant and now they are with zero problems. We got pregnant quickly and had problems. Is there anything I can do to get pregnant again faster and ensure that I keep the baby this time?

I guess this was probably more of a vent than anything. Nobody else in my group of friends has ever gone thru this before so this is new for Hubby and I.

Thanks,

Kayla

Re: New Here... I just cant stand it anymore!!

• Options

First off, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is indeed devastating. 

Secondly, Welcome to the board, hopefully your stay here is short and sweet. :)

Charting can help you conceive more "efficiently" for lack of a better word, you know when you ovulate and such if you aren't already doing that, plus it's nice to know what your body is doing. Fertility Friend has a helpful website for learning and doing charting.

The other ladies may have more suggestions, but this is mine. Good luck and welcome to our lovely group :) 

imageVincent Julian born on March 27th, 2013 DX with Down Syndrome image
    baby
      BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I don't know really where to begin.

5 months isn't long. My first pregnancy was a breeze but I've had 2 losses since, both completely opposite of each other in experiences and both we tried our hardest to prevent.

It upsets me that you say you can't stand it.....Women here have been trying for YEARS to have a baby. I, personally, am having to wait until NEXT October before we are even going to try again.

I'm very sorry you've gone through a loss. Also, if you ovulated last week, you wont "feel" pregnant for several more days, maybe even a week. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageemeraudecephiro:

First off, I'm so sorry for your loss. It is indeed devastating. 

Secondly, Welcome to the board, hopefully your stay here is short and sweet. :)

Charting can help you conceive more "efficiently" for lack of a better word, you know when you ovulate and such if you aren't already doing that, plus it's nice to know what your body is doing. Fertility Friend has a helpful website for learning and doing charting.

The other ladies may have more suggestions, but this is mine. Good luck and welcome to our lovely group :) 

Thank you for the information!! I have played around with Fertility friend a few times but I just feel weird actually doing all the charting stuff. Almost like I feel like a "robot"? But charting might be what I need to do to improve my chances. I have just never done something like before and no matter how many times I try to read thru it, it just never makes any sense to me!
  • Options
    I'm' sorry for your loss. Charting and OPKs can help. Many of the ladies on the board are taking supplements that are supposed to help. I just started them this month though so I'll let someone with more experience discuss that.
    m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • Options
    imagenoah-bear:

I don't know really where to begin.

5 months isn't long. My first pregnancy was a breeze but I've had 2 losses since, both completely opposite of each other in experiences and both we tried our hardest to prevent.

It upsets me that you say you can't stand it.....Women here have been trying for YEARS to have a baby. I, personally, am having to wait until NEXT October before we are even going to try again.

I'm very sorry you've gone through a loss. Also, if you ovulated last week, you wont "feel" pregnant for several more days, maybe even a week. 

I'm sorry if I upset you by appearing "selfish" about my own feelings. Yes I understand there are women out there that have been trying for YEARS. My frustration mostly comes from my doctors telling me nothing is wrong with me. That I am perfectly healthy and no reason why I shouldnt be able to have a baby.

I say I cant stand it because it has CONSUMED my thoughts. Its all I think about. Everytime I put something to eat in my mouth I think about the affect on my body and if it is ok for a baby or not. Everytime I do anything physically demanding I question whether I should or not?

I dont mean to take away from women that have been trying for years. I'm sorry that it has taken some that long and hopefully it wont take me that long but if it does I'm sure I will be on here in a year again asking these same questions.

• Options

Hey Kayla,

Sorry you are having a difficult time. Making a baby can be a VERY frustrating time. My husband and I know all about hoping and getting let down. I had a chemical pregnancy in August after almost 3 1/2 years of trying to conceive.

My best advice to you is just relax and BD all day everyday :) We had been Bding every other night and the month we conceived is the first month we tried BDing in the early morning, worked like a charm :)

Just relax and enjoy eachother and it will happen. Most women take atleast a year to conceive when trying, so hang it there. It will happen in time :0)

Good Luck!

• Options

I totally understand where you are coming from-but keep in mind that it can take a healthy couple up to a year to get pregnant-and that is perfectly normal. I am a super impatient person, so I understand your frustration.  I would also recommend charting, it doesn't really make it seem any more robotic to me than having sex when I "think" i might ovulate is-if anything it helps me know what is going on with my body so I can be less consumed by the uncertainty.  Now that we're back at square one I am pulling out all the stops until I am pregnant again-charting, opk's, preseed-the works!

TTC since 5/2010
    DX with Diminished Ovarian Reserve - AMH of 1.1 - 7/2011; AMH of .42 8/2012
    BFP 9/1/10-M/C confirmed 9/8/10-Methotrexate 10/6/10
    IUI #1 (w/clomid)-9/5/11-BFN ; IUI #2 (w/clomid)-10/5/11 - BFP - 11/1/12-No sac seen; 11/2/11 and 11/9/11-Methotrexate 
    IVF #1- ER 2/2; ET 2/5;-Two 8 cell embryos transfered = BFFN
    Surprise BFP - 5/7/12
    U/S on 6/8/12 - H/B at 128 BPM; U/S on 6/14/12 @ 9wks-No H/B-D&C on 6/17/12
    IVF 2.0- ER 10/17; ET 10/20-One 12 cell, one 10 cell and one 8 cell embryo transfered
    BFP!   11/16/12 U/S- Two nuggets with perfect heartbeats! EDD 7/10/13

5/31/2013- My miracles arrived at 34w2d!  Welcome to the world Harper and Nolan!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

My Blog- http://waitingonaangel.wordpress.com/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options

Thank you all for you replies. Will fertility friend walk me thru the entire charting process? As I have said before, I have been on there a few times but never actually took up "charting" so I'm not sure what the ins and outs are of it!

Thanks everyone!

• Options

I'm sorry for your loss.

There is a link to the TTCAL blog with a lot of good fertility information and TTCAL information that I'm sure you will find beneficial. Just look for the link in many girls' siggies. Also, please read "Taking Charge of your Fertility"

As far as what you can do to prevent a m/c from happening again, well there isn't much unless there is an underlying issue (most of the time for someone who has already had one healthy PG carried to term, and has only been trying for 5 months [1 of which was spent PG], there are probably not any underlying issues. It takes time, and most drs will tell you that the average "TTC" time for two people who are perfectly healthy is 12 months.

I understand not being able to get (or stay) PG is frustrating (I speak from experience). If it is consuming your life to a point where you cannot function normally, it may be time to elicit outside help via a professional.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

• Options

I'm sorry for your loss. I see that many of the pp have given you some great advice, like going to the TTCAL blog. I highly recommend charting. Before we had our first BFP, we were TTC without success for 7 mos. Then I started charting and learned I was ovulating late (CD 19-21). We adjusted our timing and three cycles later got KU.

I understand that this can be very a frustrating, all-consuming process. As others have said, please understand that some women have been TTC for years. I truly hope you get your BFP soon. This board is a great source of comfort and support.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    BFP 1: 3/19/10 Loss: 7/9/10
    BFP 2: 12/28/10
    My Blog: Losing Sylvia
  • Options

I'm sorry for your loss. But i'm with Noah, it took me 5 years with IF meds to have my angels. I don't know if it will take 5 years more.

I'm sorry your frustrated after 5 months I wish it was that easy

• Options
    imagecpedersen27:

My best advice to you is just relax and BD all day everyday :)

Just relax and enjoy eachother and it will happen.

Good Luck!

oh brother...Confused

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

bfp 01/23/10 m/c 12w1d 03/14/10 EDD 09/24/10
    bfp 07/20/10 m/c 5w1d 07/25/10
    bfp 11/19/10 Born 07/24/11 via C/S

My Forever Sister From Another Mister~CashewsMommy!!

• Options
    imagerock-elle:
    imagecpedersen27:

My best advice to you is just relax and BD all day everyday :)

Just relax and enjoy eachother and it will happen.

Good Luck!

oh brother...Confused

How on earth did I miss that comment!?

WTF? Seriously.....I'm guessing you just got to this board? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"