North Carolina Babies
Options

Do you think Katy Perry is too sexy for Sesame Street?

I stole this from the AP board.

I think it's a cute video, and would not have been surprised to see it on Sesame Street. I personally love when they do spoofs like that! 

Here is the video and a short story about it being pulled: https://www.npr.org/blogs/monkeysee/2010/09/23/130070086/-sesame-street-pulls-katy-perry-after-her-elmo-duet-is-deemed-too-risque

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001

Re: Do you think Katy Perry is too sexy for Sesame Street?

• Options
    I think the video and song are super cute- but her top is completely inappropriate for Sesame Street. I don't think I'm a prude, but I don't want my little girl seeing stuff like that on a children's program.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagejenhum:
    I think the video and song are super cute- but her top is completely inappropriate for Sesame Street. I don't think I'm a prude, but I don't want my little girl seeing stuff like that on a children's program.

Ditto. If the top was cut higher or just solid instead of sheer, I wouldn't have an issue with it (even if it's a bit tight). 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I just watched it and I think it's really cute. Yes, her shirt is cut too low, but my child see's worse at the local Wal-Mart (and swim class, and even some play dates). Jocelyn doesn't associate boobs with sexuality at this age, all she would be focused on is the music and Elmo. But Sesame St. should have known better and made her wear a more covered up top.
  • Options

imagedbertagni:
    I just watched it and I think it's really cute. Yes, her shirt is cut too low, but my child see's worse at the local Wal-Mart (and swim class, and even some play dates). Jocelyn doesn't associate boobs with sexuality at this age, all she would be focused on is the music and Elmo. But Sesame St. should have known better and made her wear a more covered up top.

this.  all of it lol.

• Options
    Totally inappropriate. I'm not all outraged by it or anything, I just think that's ridiculous that SS didn't require a more family friendly outfit. They should know better. I know it fits "her personality," but it's a kid show, not the VMA's.

photo c107d4aa-9909-4a33-b3bd-bd94168bd5fc.jpg

• Options
    I think the song is cute, but if the premise of the song is about her "dressing up" then she really could have been a little more dressed up.  They could have had a lot more fun with her outfit instead of making it so skimpy/tight (yes, yes, I know this is Katy Perry we're talking about, but it is a show for preschoolers, make it relate-able, you know?!)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I read all the responses here before I watched the video, and maybe that made me expect MUCH worse than what it was, but I really didn't think it was that bad.  IDK, the cut and fit of the top kind of made me think of wonder woman.  I think if I had seen it before I knew the story behind it, I would've thought "Hm, that's a little low-cut" but that would've been all. 
  • Options

imagedbertagni:

This. I'm totally gonna show Wesley the video tonight. LOL. He loves Katy's music and LOVES Elmo, and won't even notice her top. He'll only have eyes for Elmo.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"