Secondary IF

Anyone have blocked tubes?

I just found out today via ultrasound (for something else) that my only tube is filled with fluid.  I'll wait to hear from my doc about what this means, but I'm pretty sure this is the reason we are having trouble TTC this time around.  Has anyone here had this?  If so, what did you do?  Any information you can give me is greatly appreciated.

PS...I did a little intro a few months ago, but I wasn't sure I belonged here.  I think now I might...  :(

ETA:  I posted on a few boards, just in case you see this more than once.

Re: Anyone have blocked tubes?

• Pregnancy after having blocked tubes is possible. You can get the detailed information about blocked fallopian tubes and its reversal at https://www.testtubebabyclinic.com/new/services.asp
  • Thank you for this!  I appreciate it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I was kinda in this situation.  When I say kinda, it's b/c I had an hsg that showed I had a blocked tube, but wasn't enough to know the reason.  I was given a couple scenarios by my RE as to what to do- Go ahead with clomid and assume the other tube was fine or have surgery and find the exact cause which might have been able to be corrected.  If surgery couldn't correct it, at least my RE would have been sure what he was dealing with (scar tissue being different than fluid if the fluid leaking into the uterus).  I went for the surgery to try to get a fix, and then at least have certainty to what was going on. If the worst happened and both tubes were shown to be bad, I knew that IVF was then always an option to get around it. 

My situation then changed b/c surgery showed that the hsg was wrong, but I wouldn't have known that without it.  So FWIW, that was my experience with a test result showing a blocked tube. 

Brenna Married 4.30.05

Mom to Teagan 4.11.07 and Cora 9.30.11

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

D&E @ 22w 9.30.09 CMV infection BFP 10.15.10 C/P 4w4d

• After one year of trying, we moved from Dallas to Midland. I saw a RE here in town and within one week, I was having surgery! My right fallopian tube was removed because of a hydrosalpinx but my left tube was cleaned and left alone. Well, frustration set in and I began taking Clomid for two cycles to no avail. Everything I read kept saying that Clomid could cause ovarian cysts sooo, I requested b/c pills to shrink them and erase the possibility of further blocking my tubes. Then after 3 months of b/c I came off and began taking Femara 5 mg. I am now in my 2WW and I am hoping this time will work. I wish you lots of luck!
  • HI AFTER A YEAR OF TRYING TO CONCEIVE I FINALLY WENT TO MY DOCTOR FOR HELP. I HAD AN HSG AND THAT WASNT VERY SUCCESSFUL, THE DYE WAS NOT GOING THROUGH MY TUBES. SO AFTER THAT MY DOCTOR DECIDED TO DO A LAPROSCOPY BC HE THOUGHT THAT THE DYE MAY NOT HAVE PASSED THROUGH BC OF SPASMS. I WAS HOPING THAT WOULD BE THE CASE, BUT IT WASNT BOTH OF MY TUBES WERE DEFINITELY BLOCKED AND HE SUGGESTED IVF. I DID MY FIRST CYCLE IN JUNE AND THEN TRIED ANOTHER TIME WITH A FET AND NEITHER WAS SUCCESSFUL. I AM GETTING READY TO START ANOTHER FRESH CYCLE NEXT MONTH, WITH DIFFERENT MEDICINES. I HOPE THIS CYCLE WORKS THIS TIME...Tongue Tied
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"