Orange County Babies
Options

XP - Relocation Question (Rancho Santa Margarita area)

(I apologize in advance if you hang out on the O.C. or L.A. nest or knot and see this post several times.  I am just trying to get various opinions). 

Hi!  I hope I picked the Nest board closest to the Rancho Santa Margarita area.  If not, let me know if there is a different board I should post on.

I live in Tucson, AZ and my mom lives in Phoenix.  She is currently going through a divorce (my stepdad cheated on her and is leaving her for the other woman - although I tend to call her worse names IRL...). 

Anyway, she was laid off from her job in February due to them outsourcing the accounting dept. she was in.  She has been looking for a job ever since then.  Although, with the affair coming out this summer, she has been expanding her outlook to beyond Phoenix.

She has been interviewing with a company in Rancho Santa Margarita, and she is down to the final interview.  I know that she has started looking at apartments in the area, just in case.  She will be keeping her house in Phoenix and renting it out, and therefore just looking for an affordable apartment (in a decent area - not necessarily luxurious, but safe) somewhat near her job.

I have heard that the area tends to be a nicer area, and therefore might not be as affordable?  Can anyone tell me if that is true?  If what I heard is true and it is more expensive, can anyone recommend an area that she could look for apartments that would be reasonably close to her job?  Maybe 30 - 40 min drive at max.

Thanks for any help!

Re: XP - Relocation Question (Rancho Santa Margarita area)

• Options
    Maybe Lake Forest?
  • Options
    Thanks!  I'll mention it to my mom!  =)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I agree with PP. Lake Forest would be good but honestly, RSM is one of the more affordable areas out here and it's much newer than other parts of the county. I would have her check out Craigslist.com for apartments in RSM, Irvine, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, and Foothill Ranch. Most of the big apartment companies use CL in addition to other advertising.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecstw:

I agree with PP. Lake Forest would be good but honestly, RSM is one of the more affordable areas out here and it's much newer than other parts of the county. I would have her check out Craigslist.com for apartments in RSM, Irvine, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, and Foothill Ranch. Most of the big apartment companies use CL in addition to other advertising.

this!

DD #1: BFP: 3-6-10 EDD: 11-10-10 Baby Girl Came 11-1-10
    DD #2: BFP: 8-19-18 EDD: 4-30-19
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"