Snarky and T-TTC

My ovaries are behaving like 13 year-old girls

Ok, so last Saturday, the day I would theoretically have ovulated, I went to the clinic and.... nothing.  No follicles over 10.  Went back Tuesday to check again and... nothing.  They did blood work and called back, saying my hormone levels were elevated and it looked like my body was trying to do something, so come back today.  Got there this morning and.... nothing.

So clearly my hormones are all "yeah, come on, let's DO this thing!" and my ovaries are all "nuh uh, I do what I want! screw you!"

Again, it's our first cycle on drugs, so I didn't have my hopes *too* high, but I was really hoping that even if we didn't manage to get KU this cycle that I'd have some kind of sign that things were at least working ok.

Tell me about your first round of treatment.  Did anything really unexpected happen?  Did you get KTFU on your first shot? 

Anniversary

TTC #1 Off of HBC December 09 Dx PCOS, no ovulation, HSG + SIS normal 9/4: 100 mg clomid + ovidrel trigger: BFN 10/15: Gonal-f (75 IU, 112.5 IU, 150 IU) + ovidrel trigger + IUI: BFN 11/15: Gonal-f (112.5 IU) + ovidrel trigger + IUI: BFN 12/17: Gonal-f (112.5 IU, 150 IU): cycle canceled due to no response IVF #1: 1/18 start BCP, 2/1 start Lupron, 2/10 start stimming, 2/20 ER, 2/15 ET, 3/6 beta 1: 216, 3/8 beta 2: 420 *saifw*

Re: My ovaries are behaving like 13 year-old girls

• My body hated clomid.  I ovulated like clockwork without it, but the two cycles I was on it were annovulatory.  I would get one big follicle that basically did nothing and that was it.    I definitely did not get KU on our first round of treatment with the RE.  We ended up having to move to IVF due to how severe DH's MFI issues ended up being. 

Hope the RE can figure out what is going on.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    TTC #2, Operative hysteroscopy March 2011; IVF #1 long lupron protocol April 2011-cancelled due to poor response; IVF #2 flare protocol May 2011=hospitalization due to abdominal hemorrhage during ER and no fert due to MFI issues. Moving onto international adoption from Moldova January 2013!
  • I'm sorry.  :( 

I hope your ovaries start behaving.  Tell them no mall, no tv, no phone until they pop an egg.  ;)

someecardscom - Im well on my way to getting absolutely nothing done today
    DD1: allergic to eggs & dairy Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    c/p 4/1/11

DD2: milk and soy protein intolerant, allergic to eggs, soy, peanuts, tree nuts, sesame, bananasBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    MSPI Moms Check-In Blog
  • Loading the player...
  • I cannot even imagine going 28 cycles TTC.  I'm glad IVF worked for you. :)
    Anniversary

TTC #1 Off of HBC December 09 Dx PCOS, no ovulation, HSG + SIS normal 9/4: 100 mg clomid + ovidrel trigger: BFN 10/15: Gonal-f (75 IU, 112.5 IU, 150 IU) + ovidrel trigger + IUI: BFN 11/15: Gonal-f (112.5 IU) + ovidrel trigger + IUI: BFN 12/17: Gonal-f (112.5 IU, 150 IU): cycle canceled due to no response IVF #1: 1/18 start BCP, 2/1 start Lupron, 2/10 start stimming, 2/20 ER, 2/15 ET, 3/6 beta 1: 216, 3/8 beta 2: 420 *saifw*

• imageshotzie:

I hope your ovaries start behaving.  Tell them no mall, no tv, no phone until they pop an egg.  ;)

LOL.  GO TO YOUR ROOM IMMEDIATELY AND DON'T COME OUT WITHOUT A MATURE OVA! 

Anniversary

• imagemaereth:
    I cannot even imagine going 28 cycles TTC.  I'm glad IVF worked for you. :)
    I'm on cycle 33. And there are others here who have been trying a lot longer than me :/
  • 100 mgs of Clomid did nothing for me. I oed on my own up until Clomid then nothing. So my first IUI was cancelled.  We tried again with Clomid + Follistim and at least made it to the IUI and it was a bust.  The 3rd time was the charm with Clomid, Follistim, Menopur and Estrace. It was cycle 26.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemaereth:

Tell me about your first round of treatment.  Did anything really unexpected happen?  Did you get KTFU on your first shot? 

1st round of treatment for me was 100mg clomid.   2 follies matured (so only one more than every other month - RE was hoping for 3).   Not like it mattered because dear old clomid effed up my lining.   Our cycle was cancelled.   So that was not expected, and I obviously did not get KU that cycle.

I'm sorry your Ov's are cooperating like they should.   Maybe you should bribe them with some fruity margaritas?

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • My ovaries loved Clomid.  To the point that I probably won't do it again.  If I remember correctly I think I had 3 follies around 20 something when I triggered and there was a multitude of others that were around 15-16.  And that was on the lowest dose.

So yea, no more Clomid for me.

Oh and I did get pregnant. 

Fuuck TTC - I'm moving on.
    imageimageimageimage
    "It's a child, not a cheeto" Thanks mmariluh!
    "Ew. I've read all of two posts from you, and you stink like rotting garbage."
  • imagestaycee:

I'm sorry your Ov's are cooperating like they should.   Maybe you should bribe them with some fruity margaritas?

I think that is a brilliant idea. 

Anniversary

• My ovaries responded well too Clomid...my lining did not. Tried it three times...which is retrospect was a waste of time and energy. Am happy there are bigger guns.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"