South Florida Babies

Where do you live? Moving to Fl.

Hi, 

We are going to move to florida this Jan. from NJ. We just arent sure as to where yet. My Dh is going to make a trip down this October to see different areas. We are looking around the South side. Places such as Wellington, coral springs, delray, coral gables, ft. lauderdale, as you can see we really arent sure at all. So I am curious where do you live and why do you like it? I would like something with a nice community, good schools, and a place that isnt to retired KWIM. 

TIA.  

BabyFetus Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Where do you live? Moving to Fl.

• we love Coral Springs, but there are a lot of different good areas. We have almost all A rater schools and were rated 37 best place to live in the country (the best in Florida.) Wellington is super nice...but is pretty far from Ft Laud or Miami.
  • The areas you mentioned cover a wide range from dade to palm beach counties and from east to west. 

We live in West Miramar in a community called Sunset Lakes, it's south west Broward county.  The homes here are newer and it's a great family friendly community with a "A" rated elementary school and great parks. 

There are a lot of nice areas in south florida, you kind of need to narrow down whether you want to be further south or north and if you like newer or older communities, etc.

Feel free to visit us on this board, we represent a wide range of areas here, so ask away :) 

image image

• Loading the player...
  • We officially live in Margate, but it's right on the border of Coral Springs. We really like our area. We feel like it's a good fit for us. Any further south and it's a little too urban for us, but we're from the cornfields of Illinois, so this is a culture shock. ;)  We like the downtown area Delray Beach offers, but it's a little further north than Coral Springs.
  • Thank you for the replies. I meant Coral springs and not coral gables.  So I would like to be in that area, Coral springs, Coconut Creek, Delray, Pompano area.  I like that it is close to the Urban area, and the beach. Right now we live a block from the beach, 10 mins from Atlantic city so we have entertainment/restaurants and an hour from philadelphia. I love where we live for all those reasons, and I am afraid it wont be the same in florida? I really would like a neighborhood that is a good place to raise kids, schools, low crime, but with parks, and a community.  I appreciate the help, it will obviously make me feel better about choosing where to live when we move.  Tell me more : )

A new community is what we are looking for. Especially where we can get a good price on a house. 

• where on the jersey shore are you from...that is where I grew up?

I live in Boca Raton currently...it is okay, but west boca is much better for families etc., so is coral springs, and Parkland.

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • I'm in west Boca which is great for the young family scene but doesn't have an ounce of night life.  If you love to party you'll want to head east (in Palm Beach County).  Good luck!
  • imagerosesandpeonies:

where on the jersey shore are you from...that is where I grew up?

I live in Boca Raton currently...it is okay, but west boca is much better for families etc., so is coral springs, and Parkland.

'

We live in Brigantine Island outside of AC. I love the Jersey shore, I am originally from PA. I am going to look into Parkland and west boca thanks.  

• We are in central Boca Raton and love it. We live in a terrific, family friendly neighhbourhood. Great schools, close to shopping and restaurants, 10 minutes away from the beach. The house around here (central and east) are older though and smaller. We are super close to 95 so it makes going up to west palm and down to Miami much easier. Does your husband have a job lined up down here? I would wait to know where is is working to decide on where to live.
  • imageVandRicky:
    We are in central Boca Raton and love it. We live in a terrific, family friendly neighhbourhood. Great schools, close to shopping and restaurants, 10 minutes away from the beach. The house around here (central and east) are older though and smaller. We are super close to 95 so it makes going up to west palm and down to Miami much easier. Does your husband have a job lined up down here? I would wait to know where is is working to decide on where to live.

I agree with this 100%. We moved here for my husband's job and feel so lucky we didn't choose any place other than Coral Springs because of the commute. Most of these smaller cities aren't far away in terms of miles, but they certainly are in terms of the time it takes to drive anywhere.

It's hard deciding on good options from a distance. I'm sure your husband will get a lot of great information when he comes for a visit. I'm not sure what info to give you about new communities. A realtor could probably point out specific communities that fit your criteria. Good luck!

• I live in Wellington and it is also a terrific, family friendly neighhborhood. "A"rated schools, close to shopping and restaurants, 25 minutes away from the beach.

Most of the areas you listed are within 30-45 min of each other.  Wellington is about 30 min from Boca, Parkland area and 45 from Coral Springs.

Good luck all the areas are nice..

• Boca. We love it here. We love the area, all schools are A rated and we are pretty central...not far to head to Jupiter (northern palm beach county) and miami.
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • I'm in Kendall, so that'll be no help to you, but I lived in southern Jersey, right near Philly, in Turnersville (Washington twshp, south of Cherry Hill!)  South Florida isn't too shabby :-D  Good luck with the move and stick around the board, we're great here and we can all help you out!

I agree with the pp... wait until you figure out where you may get jobs, then work from there.  The driving sucks and you don't want to get stuck with an hour commute!

• Thank you ladies. My DH is strating his own buisness, so we are able to do it anywhere (bottled water) so a commute isnt a big issue, he would obviously want to be able to get onto 95 with relative ease and have an airport in the vicinity. 

Thank you, I will definitely  be hanging around the board, you girls are making me feel better about the move already : )  

• Hey...we live in boynton beach, just north of boca raton....love it here, near the A rated schools and sort of center to Boca Raton and Palm Beach Gardens, which is also very kid friendly! There are much newer and nicer homes in west Boynton because of all of the recent development. Good Luck!
  • I am in coral springs and totally love it, we have great schools, parks and activity's for young kids.my  DH travels 70 or so miles everyday so we can live here...wouldn't trade it!! We are also both from NY and think that its a great area for kids!  GL
  • Hey there!

I am a Wellington mamma. Moved here from Michigan 2 years ago & couldn't be happier. Great schools, friendly people, lots of activities for kiddos. Great mall. It's a gorgeous city & maintained very well. This year Wellington made Money Magazines list for "Top 100 places to live."

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"