Hawaii Babies

what do i need to wash?

as i mentioned in my pp, i plan to wash some of the baby's stuff later this week. do i have to wash the moby wrap as well? aside from clothes, blankets and CDs, what else did you wash?

Re: what do i need to wash?

• Clothes, blankets, crib sheets, burp cloths, bibs...I'm trying to remember if we washed our (DIY) Moby wraps or not. I think we did, because we had to put them on the floor to cut the cloth and they picked up a lot of pet hair. It wouldn't hurt, anyway. Smile
  • I washed the moby, but didn't pre-wash the other carriers.

Other than that - don't wash everything if you can resist, b/c you might want to exchange for different sizes.  (wish I could have headed that advice, our gender neutral NB stuff didn't get any use - we immediately got tons of boy clothes).

• Loading the player...
  • I kinda went overboard and washed everything I knew we were definitely keeping, including the moby, ergo (but not the insert), baby swing padding, car seat cover, car seat straps cover, and all the mattress and changing table sheets and covers. 
  • imageMauiWedding08:

Other than that - don't wash everything if you can resist, b/c you might want to exchange for different sizes. 

Oh yes, this is good advice. I only washed 4 outfits of the NB size to take to the hospital because I wasn't sure if they'd fit or be too small (and as it turned out, they were - our boys went straight into the 0-3 size) and left the tags on the rest so I could return them if necessary. I did go ahead and wash all of the larger stuff though.

• I washed everything including the carseat cover, swing seat, etc....I just wanted the things that were close to her skin to be clean and sizing (the stiffining stuff that's on new fabrics) free...
  • I don't think I washed the Moby, but she was about 2 months by the time I got one and used it. As it happened, she had a blow out in it during on of my first uses and so it got washed pretty quickly. It still looks new after the washing, so no worries on that!

I washed the Hotslings carriers, crib sheets, bassinet bedding, burp cloths, swaddle blankets, towels, washcloths, changing pad covers, a few onesies, the outfit I wanted to take her home in, socks, mitts for hands. If you wash on cold and tumble delicate cycle or hang dry, then fluff, they come out looking like new. 

Definitely don't wash ALL the clothes... Keep tags on as much as you can so you can return. HTH! 

Malia & Dave & Alexa
    Happily married since 2-17-08! Three since 9-9-09!
    Baby Blog
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ditto pp about not washing too much until you know what size she'll wear.  i did wash my moby beforehand, as well as the covers on the swing/bouncer....pretty much anything that i could wash, i did :) including the boppy cover and pillow itself (since i bought it used)
  • Thanks for the tips! I definitely won't be washing all the clothes. I'll probably wash the newborn (plain) onesies and a couple of sleepers. I have no idea how big LO will be although I am guessing she might be on the smaller side. Plus, I always have this fear she'll turn out to be a boy! lol.
  • imageeacerna:
    Plus, I always have this fear she'll turn out to be a boy! lol.

heh - I know it's much less common to make a mistake when determining the baby is a boy, but i still have a fear that he'll turn out to be a girl!  we're basically trusting the word of one random u/s tech, who said, "baby's not really cooperating, but you'll just have to trust me on this one, it's a boy!" i had a quick glance at what she was pointing at before baby moved - looked to me to just be random splotches on the monitor.  haha.

• Sidenote, that is a beautiful pregnancy picture!!!
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"