LGBT Parenting
Options

Would you scrap this cycle? Anyone use the cbefm?

I have always been very lucky to have a clockwork cycle.  In three years it has only differed by one day.  Until now, the second cycle of unmedicated IUI.  It might just be a wonky cycle, or it might be the result of a cp last month(no + pregnancy test but the midwife thinks there might have been fertilization based upon my chart and the fact that bleeding started two days earlier than it ever has).

I am on my sixth 'high' cbefm reading (estrogen), with no hint of LH, though I could swear I was on the verge of a surge on day 14 in the late afternoon.  My fertile cm is long gone.  My temps have been wacky because I am house sitting and I don't think to reach for the thermometer when the dogs lick my toes at 5AM.

It doesn't seem like a healthy cycle and it seems unnecessarily risky to bet on this cycle when it is likely that I will either return to normal, or have the chance to become accustomed to this new cycle oddness.  

Am I being silly to think of scrapping this cycle?

Re: Would you scrap this cycle? Anyone use the cbefm?

• Options
    My cycles were perfect 30 days like clockwork.  Then we started iuis and things were wonky.  I was 2-3 days late for our first cycle.  Ovulation (lh surge was a bit early on the 2nd cycle.  On our third and last iui cycle ovulation was late on day 19 or 20 and insem done on day 20/21.  The midwife told us that this is common and that the stress of insems make you cycle a little crazy.  I would try to wait it out and see what happens.  Good Luck
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Decision time. Kit was negative at 5AM today, but went positive at 1PM (assumed it would be negative so I didn't have a digital on me so of course now I am wondering whether I imagined it). There is a 9AM slot at the clinic which is timed well I think. Do I take it?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

DW's perfect 28 day cycles went intot he toilet when we started trying.

I would probably trust the OPK, you can always try to confirm with a digital later tonight. Good luck!

• Options

DW's perfect 28 day cycles went into the toilet when we started trying.

I would probably trust the OPK, you can always try to confirm with a digital later tonight. Good luck!

• Options
    I'd go for it!
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Ditto PPs with perfect cycles that went out the window once TTC began in earnest. Stress does weird things to your hormones. (And I eventually stopped using the CBEFM because it would give me so many "high" days prior to ovulation sometimes. I started to think it caused more anxiety than it saved.) I'd take the slot and bet on this being late ovulation. Good luck!
    Kendyl and Mary - June 10, 2006

• Options
    Oh good grief. Just realized your appointment was (or wasn't) this morning and my opinion is a little useless at this point. Never mind. Embarrassed  Hope it went well, if you went!
    Kendyl and Mary - June 10, 2006

• Options
    imagekendylann:
    Oh good grief. Just realized your appointment was (or wasn't) this morning and my opinion is a little useless at this point. Never mind. Embarrassed  Hope it went well, if you went!
    I appreciate the affirmation that I decided wisely! I went in this morning! Now the waiting begins.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"