Postpartum Depression
Options

Anyone on Celexa?

What has been your experience with it? Thank you!
When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. -FDR

Re: Anyone on Celexa?

• Options

I have been on Celexa twice - once was in college & once for PPD.

I loved Celexa.  It definitely worked for me.

I switched to Zoloft because of side-effects killing my libido, but only because I'll be on them long-term & having zero sex drive or ability to have fun in bed is simply not an option.

• Options
    imageBlairWaldorf:

I switched to Zoloft because of side-effects killing my libido, but only because I'll be on them long-term & having zero sex drive or ability to have fun in bed is simply not an option.

I have had the opposite experience. Yes, Celexa works great for me but no, it has not weakened my sex drive. If anything, it has increased it. My only problem is I have issues remember to take it and if I do that, I get really weird feeling. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesarahmae8:
    imageBlairWaldorf:

I have had the opposite experience. Yes, Celexa works great for me but no, it has not weakened my sex drive. If anything, it has increased it. My only problem is I have issues remember to take it and if I do that, I get really weird feeling. 

Thanks. I have no sex drive as it is, so we'll see what happens to it now. Did you all have any wierd side effects? What about weight gain? I know its a shallow question, but gaining weight would defintely not make me feel any better...

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. -FDR
  • Options

I lost a ton of weight, but I was also on Nutrisystem.

I only gained weight when I started the Risperdol.

• Options

I started it last Saturday and my first trouble was not sleeping and my dose was too high 40mg. So now I take 10mg at bed and 10mg at breakfast.....I am a little tired from it now but its been easing up.

My anxiety was horrible......I could not eat, sleep, enjoy anything!! I would say 3 days into it my anxiety went away (like 100%). I can nap, I can sleep in (I was waking at 5), I laugh with my daughter again and my relationship with my amazing boyfriend is GREAT!!. I love it so far and feel it is saving my like. My real side effects yet and Im almost 2 weeks in.

My doctor told me its newer than prozac and zoloft so they have been able to produce newer meds with less side efffects. Good luck to you......I hope this keeps getting better for me and that you can report the same results too!! Private message me if you have any questions. HUGS 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"