Postpartum Depression
Options

Took my first Zoloft tonight

It was harder to swallow that pill than anything I have done in a long time.  I feel like such a failure for needing medicine to help me. 

I keep telling myself I'm doing all of this for DD and she is more than worth it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

m/c 05/2009
DD born 8/9/10
TTC #2 since 8/2012
CP 12/2012
dx MFI 10/2013
Surprise BFP 11/6/2013  EDD 7/19/2014
Beta #1 15 dpo HCG 355 Prog 30.9
Beta #2 22 dpo HCG 8147 Prog 18.8
Beta #3 29 dpo HCG 44580 Prog 29.8

Re: Took my first Zoloft tonight

• Options

Good luck! I hope you start to fell better soon!

I'm starting Celexa tomorrow, and I feel like if I take that pill its admiting that I'm a failure because I couldnt do it on my own. But I've been struggling for months, so obviously I can't do it on my own. But I have to do it. My daughter deserves a mother who is happy.

When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on. -FDR
  • Options
    It's simply better living through modern chemistry :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I haven't posted on this board before but just wanted to say that I hope you start feeling better soon! 

I realized a couple of weeks ago that I was suffering from PPD and called my dr. and am now on Prozac and it has made a WORLD of difference.  I have never been on medication ever, for anything, so it was really hard for me, like it was for you, but I feel better than I have in such a long time. No more snapping at DH or Leighton and I just don't seem to get stressed out so much anymore...I hope for the same for you!!

• Options

imageBlairWaldorf:
    It's simply better living through modern chemistry :)

That's my motto!  Remember that a lot of this has to do with hormones and that you have no control over it.

• Options
    I felt weird about it for a few days too. And Now that i see some change your mind automatically thinks "Gee, i'm better! I can stop taking it!" as is the case with any other medicine....It's hard to think that the only reason I feel good is because of medication. You're not alone in your thinking.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"