South Florida Babies

Miami baptism w/out godparents?

Does anyone know of any churches in Miami that will baptise baby without godparents? my husband and i dont know too many people down here but still want to have her baptised soon. we are both catholic.

thanks.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Miami baptism w/out godparents?

• I've heard of "stand in" godparents, but have never been to a ceremony to witness how it works.  I also know that only one godparent needs to be Catholic with all the appropriate sacraments (the other doesn't).

Mother of Christ on Coral Way and 137 Ave is known for being more flexible with the rules and can possibly assist you with your situation.  GL.

-- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • great! thanx
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We baptized my daughter (at St. Max Kolbe in Pembroke Pines) and my son (at St. Richards in Pamletto Bay) and they both had a stand-in for the Godfather, but not both Godparents.  I assume it would work the same.  I discovered that each church is different and some are more lenient.  Good luck!
  • Good question!  Our potential godfather just move to New York and he doesn't know when he'll be able to visit.  I guess we don't have to worry about it for now, but we would like for him to be the "legal" godfather even if he doesn't get to be at the baptism. 

• Like someone mentioned above, you can have stand in god parents.
  • The stand ins are only for the purpose of the ceremony.  Whomever you choose for the "legal" Godparents (whether they attend the ceremony or not) will be on all the documents/certificates.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"