Postpartum Depression
Options

DH rant - can anyone relate?

I have been making so much progress with my PPD this past month or so. I am really happy with how far I've come. So it particularly KILLS me when I'm having a bad day (work stress, for example) and my DH says something like "You were doing so good, and now you're back to freaking out" or whatever. It's like everything I've accomplished is negated by him just because I've had a bad day and we get into a fight. Most of the time, our fights are his fault! He blames it on my PPD, like how men sometimes blame arguments with women on PMS. I am so tired of feeling like he cares only about himself--making tons of plans to go out instead of hanging out with me & the baby, for example.

Ok, rant over. I just really go berserk when he holds my PPD over my head. Or at least that's what it feels like. Can anyone relate to this?

Re: DH rant - can anyone relate?

• Options
    Have you told him how you feel?  Maybe he doesn't understand that what he says hurts you.  I'm so sorry that he doesn't get that we all have good and bad days now matter if we have ppd or not. 
  • Options
    This is exactly my DH. He golfs, plays racquetball, or plays some stupid video game on his phone. Did I mention the phone thing is ANNOYING. If it wasn't so damned expensive I'd throw the stupid ass thing away! He makes comments about my anxiety or if the house isn't spotless. He's working a lot this month, but next month we are having a chat!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"