South Florida Babies
Options

USA Baby Update

We ended up calling AMEX on Saturday to cancel our order all together!  When I called on Saturday to modify the order, the owner litterally screamed at me!  I was appalled.  And when I told him to stop screaming, he continued to do so.  We are fed up with this man, and if I have to wait 10 wks for the furniture to arrive b/c I order through someplace else, or I have to pay more moeny, then so be it.  I rather pay more and wait than give this man such a large sale. 

We are even filing a complaing with the BBB. 

So for anyone considering purchasing from the store, be forwarned!

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: USA Baby Update

• Options
    Good for you Jackie!
  • Options
    Wow! I'm so glad you were able to cancel your order. No need to give business to that guy!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Im glad you were able to cancel too.. What a jerk!
  • Options
    Dh called him today to inform him of the cancellation, and he said "don't worry, I'll get my money!"  We are going to make sure he doesn't... AMEX has been informed of his nasty attitude and lack of customer service.
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagecocojack10:
    Dh called him today to inform him of the cancellation, and he said "don't worry, I'll get my money!"  We are going to make sure he doesn't... AMEX has been informed of his nasty attitude and lack of customer service.

Indifferent  So glad AMEX is cooperative with this. That guy makes me angry!

• Options

What a psycho! Glad you were able to work with AMEX to block the payment from going through.

Where are you planning on ordering your stuff from now? I ordered from La Ideal in Pembroke Pines and they were great....waived some of the delivery cost for me since I live all the way in Boca, delivered it within 2 weeks and the guys who put it together were great.

• Options

Now that's the million dollar question!  We don't know where to order it from.  I am looking for other local vendors of the same set, and found 1 more location up north, which I'm going to call today to see if they can get in stock for us soon.

We've been to La Ideal, and the only set we like from there is over 8 wks to deliver, which we may have to wait, but trying to find other options first.

-- Jackie
  • Options
    What a jerk. Good thing AMEX always helps their customers. I love them.
  • Options
    imagecocojack10:

Now that's the million dollar question!  We don't know where to order it from.  I am looking for other local vendors of the same set, and found 1 more location up north, which I'm going to call today to see if they can get in stock for us soon.

We've been to La Ideal, and the only set we like from there is over 8 wks to deliver, which we may have to wait, but trying to find other options first.

Which is the set you are looking at?

Also, you can try calling the company themselves and ask them to recommend a place that might have it (aside from Babylove and Usa Baby of course).

• Options
    imagebisabelm:
    imagecocojack10:

Which is the set you are looking at?

Also, you can try calling the company themselves and ask them to recommend a place that might have it (aside from Babylove and Usa Baby of course).

It is the Ocean collection of Baby's Love.  Their website has a listing of all the authorized retailers in the area.  I've called them all.  Honestly this guy was the cheapest (don't know how).  There are options out there, but trying to find the most economical, considering we have to pay for shipping too now.

It looks like we may go w/ another collection we liked from BBB which is in stock.

-- Jackie
  • Options
    I'm so glad you were able to cancel your order! I bought all my baby furniture from them in 2007 and that guy is a liar. He lied about delivery times, he lied about what they had in stock, and every time we called to complain all we got were more excuses and lies. I like their furniture but will never buy from them again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"