Philadelphia Babies

Anyone go to Abington Primary's Women's Group?

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with this group? They have a lot of dr's in the group I know, but I know that Abington is a great place too, or at least I have heard... Thanks! BTW They are Compuer Ave in Willow Grove

Re: Anyone go to Abington Primary's Women's Group?

• Yes, i go there!  I like the practice.....LOVE Dr. Murphy, but it is next thing to impossible to see him.  I called a few weeks ago to schedule my annual and he didn't have anything until Dec/new year.  I also love Dr. Michaelson, but he is pretty much the same story.  i found it hard to get into see a dr. when I was pg, saw the NP a lot towards the end. Who was wonderful thought!  I like the practice, and Abington is a great hospital to have a baby, great NICU.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks for the info! Do the NP's do u/s's? How many do you get? I just am nervous b/c it seems so big and you just never get to know anyone and may not know who will deliver your baby.  Do you think that's a big deal?
  • Loading the player...
  • No, they have a tech in the office that does the u/s.  If she was the same one as 2 years ago, she is great, super personable.  I had many u/s b/c I had a low lying placenta, but typically you get the u/s at 13 weeks (but that was done at the hospital b/c it was a special diagnostic u/s) and then your 20 weeks(ish) u/s.  You def. won't know who will deliver your baby until you get to the hospital.  But they try get you to see all of the drs.  I think I saw all but one, and he didn't deliver my baby anyway.  What was great was the NP, Kim Ericson was in the room with me when I delivered b/c my Dr, Dr. Keen was literally in the middle of a life or death situation with another patient.  Kim was awesome, and I had had her for several visits, so I loved that she was in there and she was a great coach.  Dr. Keen made it for the actual delivery, but was in and out.  I didn't find that I minded that I didn't really know each doc or had no idea who would be in there......maybe b/c it was my 2nd baby.  My first I was with Dr. Murphy's old practice and there was only 3 of them, so I saw all of them quite a bit.  I knew what to expect the second time so there wasn't much anxiety about it.  GL to you!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I do!  They delivered 2 out of 3 of my kids (Dr. Keen delivered #2, same as pp).  I was also with the group Dr. Murphy was with and then followed him to Abington Primary (as did half the world).  Dr. Murphy is fantastic- actually, most of their docs are great.  It's a HUGE practice though so you don't really get to "know" the docs, if that's important to you.  I never had any issue scheduling any appts, but I work weekends so I can go any time during the day during the week.  I never had an ultrasound there- and I had a TON of ultrasounds during my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies due to preterm labor with DS#1.  They were all done across the street at the high risk doc's office. 

It's a popular group with the L&D nurses at Abington- you know if the nurses go to them they have to be pretty good as the nurses see them in "action" all the time.  The NICU at AMH is great too- DS#1 was there for 2 weeks.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"