Military Families
Options

Has anyone shipped a car within the country?

We will be PCSing next year and Google Maps says it is a 40 hour drive (straight through without stops). Ugh. So I'm thinking we may pay to ship my Civic so my husband and I (and baby and dog and cat) can go together in our SUV instead of driving seperately. Has anyone shipped their car within the U.S.? I know we will have to pay for it out of pocket, and plan on asking transportation if they have any recommendations for companies to go though, but it's always nice to hear from people with firsthand experience.

I should add that although it would save us money we wouldn't feel comfortable driving all that way towing it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Has anyone shipped a car within the country?

• Options

We used Dependable Auto Shippers when we shipped my DH's car from Norfolk, VA to San Diego, CA. They were recommended to us other military friends that used them. They were very professional, reliable and it only took about 5 days. In fact his car made it to San Diego before we did and we drove cross country in my car. Here is their website:

https://www.dasautoshippers.com/

TTC our first Navy baby! Me:27 DH:30, together since 8/2003, Married on 7/2006
    9/26/10 stopped BCP and started TTC.
    9/2011 referred to RE. All blood work normal and DH's SA=normal results
    11/2011 HSG=both tubes clear
    One natural (monitored) cycle of Clomid, 50mg 2/2012= BFN
    Getting ready for first IUI, 3/2012 received orders to Japan! (postponed IUI)
    5/2012 Moved to Japan, fought Tricare for months over referral (no fertility treatment on our military base) for Japanese RE out in town!
    8/2012 Started seeing new RE
    9/2012, post coital test= hostile cervical fluid, (finally) moving on with first IUI!
    9/29/2012 IUI #1+trigger= BFN
    10/27/2012 IUI #2+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    11/28/2012 IUI #3+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    12/28/2012 IUI#4+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger=BFN
    2/1/2013 IUI#5+injectables+trigger=BFN
    3/2013 IUI#6+injectables+trigger=???
  • Options
    imagetlalli7106:

We used Dependable Auto Shippers when we shipped my DH's car from Norfolk, VA to San Diego, CA. They were recommended to us other military friends that used them. They were very professional, reliable and it only took about 5 days. In fact his car made it to San Diego before we did and we drove cross country in my car. Here is their website:

https://www.dasautoshippers.com/

Thank you SO much, I'm off to check out the website now.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We shipped my Civic from Los Angeles to FL a few years ago when we PCSed.  We used a company called Earth Auto Shippers and they were fine.  The car got to FL just as we did (we drove DH's car across country with our dogs).
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagecoconutbug:
    We shipped my Civic from Los Angeles to FL a few years ago when we PCSed.  We used a company called Earth Auto Shippers and they were fine.  The car got to FL just as we did (we drove DH's car across country with our dogs).

Thank you, I will check this company out as well Smile

• Options
    just wondering, is this covered by the military?
    Proud Navy Wife Pictures, Images and Photos Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The military (Navy for us) will reimburse you to ship one vehicle CONUS...that's why we drove the other one.

TTC our first Navy baby! Me:27 DH:30, together since 8/2003, Married on 7/2006
    9/26/10 stopped BCP and started TTC.
    9/2011 referred to RE. All blood work normal and DH's SA=normal results
    11/2011 HSG=both tubes clear
    One natural (monitored) cycle of Clomid, 50mg 2/2012= BFN
    Getting ready for first IUI, 3/2012 received orders to Japan! (postponed IUI)
    5/2012 Moved to Japan, fought Tricare for months over referral (no fertility treatment on our military base) for Japanese RE out in town!
    8/2012 Started seeing new RE
    9/2012, post coital test= hostile cervical fluid, (finally) moving on with first IUI!
    9/29/2012 IUI #1+trigger= BFN
    10/27/2012 IUI #2+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    11/28/2012 IUI #3+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger= BFN
    12/28/2012 IUI#4+100mg Clomid CD5-9+trigger=BFN
    2/1/2013 IUI#5+injectables+trigger=BFN
    3/2013 IUI#6+injectables+trigger=???
  • Options
    imagetlalli7106:

The military (Navy for us) will reimburse you to ship one vehicle CONUS...that's why we drove the other one.

Lucky :( Army only pays if it's OCONUS.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"