Texas Babies
Options

New to SA

We just moved here right before DS was born.  Where are all the mom groups? What churches are good (protestant)? Where's the best Mexican food?

We live on the northside of town, 1604 and blanco area.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker 

Re: New to SA

• Options

Welcome! You are pretty close to me (1604/huebner). I have lived here since April. Where did you move from?

Mexican- Papasitos is my FAVORITE! It's off I10. Chacho's is also pretty good (very large portions). It is off 410

Church- can't help with protestant, sorry.

I am not part of any mom's groups but I know there are some. I met some people by taking DD to gymboree play and learn (free trial for 1st class). I did cancel our membership there though. There is also a kids gym class called Little Gym off wilderness oak. Both have websites.  

• Options
    Welcome to SA!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageTonya&Cody:

Welcome! You are pretty close to me (1604/huebner). I have lived here since April. Where did you move from?

Mexican- Papasitos is my FAVORITE! It's off I10. Chacho's is also pretty good (very large portions). It is off 410

Church- can't help with protestant, sorry.

I am not part of any mom's groups but I know there are some. I met some people by taking DD to gymboree play and learn (free trial for 1st class). I did cancel our membership there though. There is also a kids gym class called Little Gym off wilderness oak. Both have websites.  

oh wow you are close by! We moved from Austin, so just up the road,  Fortunately we've been down here enough times for work and such that we can get around pretty well, although once you get past major highways and roads, I'm totally lost!

I guess I need to look into a gymboree class, I start back to work next week and it seems that any mother's group I've found online has met during the work day.  C'est la vie!

Pregnancy Ticker 
  • Options

Welcome!  Like Tonya, I live in the Vineyard off Huebner/1604 (there are quite a few ladies on this board in this area).  For Mexican, DH and I also like El Jarro over at 281/Bitters (live band on weekend evenings) and Aldaco's over at the corner of Stone Oak and Hardy Oak (great view!  Across from the Mormon Temple).

DH and I are still looking for a church home ourselves.  It has been difficult since he grew up Episcopalian and I grew up Baptist!  We are thinking of trying out Concordia since DD (and soon DS) go to daycare there. GL!

• Options

Hi and welcome! I am also right in that area and I love our location!!

Our fav mexican is El Mirasol on Blanco... it had a nice little patio. Once your son is older, I'm sure you'll hang out at Bigz.... good burgers and a great open space for little ones to play, with artificial grass.... my dd loves it. :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Welcome!!  Your son's adorable :)
  • Options

imageBethKevin_:
    Welcome!!  Your son's adorable :)

Thanks! I think my LO's pretty cute- but don't we all ? ;)

Pregnancy Ticker 
  • Options

Welcome to SA!

Can't help with the church, but I met a lot of moms through a meetup.com group--there are quite a few in the San Antonio area :)  and it's cheaper than gymboree

baby
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"