Louisiana Babies

OB connected to Women's

I had a horrible appointment at my OB this week. I am hoping to have a natural birth (crazy, I know but it's my goal.) I have been reading everything in site to get more information about the best ways to accomplish my goal. Well, I sat down with my OB (who is connected to River Parishes Hospital, in Laplace) on Tuesday and asked him questions about the LD process at RPH. In the process I found out that the hospital is way behind in the times & the odds of having a natural birth are more likely if I show up dilated at 10 cm than going through labor at the hospital. The doctor also had to ask me what the Bradley Method was when I was asking which methods he's seen work best in relieving pain.

Now I am looking for a new OB. In my 23rd week. Sad I would like to deliver at Women's after reading online all of their great tools for a natural delivery. I was hoping someone on here could suggest a new OB that's connected to Women's.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers pregnancy calendar Photobucket

Re: OB connected to Women's

• I see Dr. Cheree Schwartzenburg.  She's fabulous as is everyone in her practice.  Other highly recommended doctors are Dr. Kleinpeter and Dr. Sherman.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I see Dr. Truyhn (Winn) at Oschner. I delivered twice at Woman's and the kept me tied to the bed and wouldn't let me walk around. I had zero complications. And they are quick to give you an epidural. I am delivering #3 at the new Oschner Birthing Center off of O'neal Lane and I have a better chance of doing so naturally this time. They have rooms for water births and every other birthing way you could want.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you both!! The hunt for a new OB continues. Smile
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers pregnancy calendar Photobucket
  • I also have Dr. Cheree, she is the best!! My friends have also seen Edward and Clifford Schwartzenburg and they are wonderful as well. Good Luck!
  • I also see Dr. Cheree, since I WAS seeing Dr. Clifford, but he retired about a month ago (the day of my 21 week appt!). Dr. Lafranca in their office is also great!
  • I'm sure I'm too late, but I really wish I'd have seen this sooner.  I would without a doubt recommend Dr. Dickerson at Woman's.  He does not induce unless it's medically necessary and is 100% supportive of natural childbirth.  My girlfriend used him and had a very tough delivery, but at no point did he try to convince her to change her birth plan (which would have been easier for him) -- he also told me he delivers 99% of the babies of the patients he sees, and he has written on my paperwork to have the hospital call him to deliver, even if he is not on call.  He is wonderful -- if it's not too late, I would definitely go to him!
  • I see Sarah Davis at Woman's and she was very open to whatever my plan was and very understanding
  • I agree with Shoe Fanatic, Dr Cheree is amazing
  • I see Dr. Randall Brown at Womans and LOVE him!! Bless you for going natural - I am not as brave as you :-)
  • LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Dr. Cheree! She is my THIRD ob/gyn in BR, and finally I found someone who is fabulous! All of my friends now go to her, and we all highly recommend her to anyone looking for a new ob/gyn. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"