Boston Babies
Options

South Shore Hospital - Tubs?

Does anyone know if any of the rooms at South Shore Hospital have tubs to use for labor? ?I've heard a hot soak can bring labor pain from a 10 to about a 5 or 6 but wasn't sure if this was an option at SSH. ?Hoping it is!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: South Shore Hospital - Tubs?

• Options

Hello -  When we went for the maternity ward visit they told us that they no longer have tubs in any of the labor rooms since the renovation.  Sorry

• Options

When we had our class and tour at the beginning of the month, they mentioned they had a couple portable tubs that could be brought into the rooms, however they were out of commission and they didn't know when they would have them back.  I'm kinda bummed -- I was looking forward to them.

They do have showers where you can sit in them and a handheld shower head to assist with massaging... not a great alternative, but it's something.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I just gave birth at SSH almost 5 weeks ago, they were supposed to have the portable tub up and running  however, 2 weeks before my edd when they were training the the nurses on it they found a leak, so they had to send it back to the manufacturer, bummer.  However, there was only one, and it's 1st come 1st serve...I labored at home for a while, was 5.5cm when I got to the hospital, and when I was home, I did not want to be in the tub, the contractions were easier to take standing, so I stood in the shower, but everyone is different, I thought I was going to want the tub for sure though...when I got to the hospital I endup pacing to help me through contractions, they did have the use of the shower, but I didn't want it, I ened up laboring naturally til 8.5cm, she was coming down crooked though, and my cervix wasn't dialating on the right side, so I had to opt for a epi, as a c-section was on the table if the epi didn't help me progress, luckily I got my vaginal birth & a healthy baby...if you delivering at SSH, don't be discouraged about the tub, dependin gon your edd they may have it up & running, but either way I am sure you'll do great : )

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"