Los Angeles Babies

Best prenatal/birthing/breastfeeding classes?

I am looking to take some pre-baby classes: probably one each of labor, baby care, breatfeeding and infant cpr.  Any recs?  I am thinking of doing classes at Cedars Sinai or at the Pump Station.  Any experience with either?  Thanks!

Re: Best prenatal/birthing/breastfeeding classes?

• Hi tudlik,

I'm actually switching to Cedars Sinai and my first doctor visit is tomorrow. 

If you do take any classes at CS, can you please let me know how they were and if you liked it at all?  I am also interested in taking them.

Thanks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just took the prepared childbirth series at Cedars and it was great!  Our instructor was Bernadette and she was very informative.  It met from 7-9:30 every tuesday for 4 weeks.  Not sure where you are planning on delivering but the highlight was taking a tour of the labor/ delivery , and post partem rooms.  We are also taking the infant CPR class there next week, which is just a one night seminar.  They offer breastfeeding and infant care but I missed the boat and they were all filled up before my due date
  • Loading the player...
  • i took the prepared childbirth series and it was very informative. they talk about both natural birth and c/s so it was nice to know about both just in case. i also took the breastfeeding class which was ok. the information was great but it was very basic (very different from the real thing!) there were like 30 couples when i went and it was soo rushed, it would've been better if their bf class were smaller. so for that, i think the pump station would be better for a bf class.
  • Edwardlinda--

I'll keep you posted!

Tudlik

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"