Birth Stories

Birthing Center

I am a modest person. So the immodisty of birth weighs on my mind quite a bit. I want my child's birth to be something that is a happy, albeit painful, expereince. I want to give birth in a place that will respect my wishes, make me feel human, and acknowledge it is my birth. I don't want a hospital that tells you what to do or prohibits you from doing what you want. I.E. if I want a shower or to walk around or to hold my baby after birth, I want to be able to do it. I don't want to be told that I have to wear a hospital gown during non labor parts or breast feed if I don't want to.

On the flip side, I do want medical care available if my baby needs it or if I want an epidural.

I need a place in Pennsylvania or Ohio. And thoughts?

Re: Birthing Center

• Try looking up doulas in your area, they often know on "non traditional" places to birth. Good luck in your search.

• I am not sure if it is close to you but I have a friend that used this place:

The Birth Center
    918 County Line Road
    Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania

PHONE: 610-525-6086

• Loading the player...
  • I don't know anything about resources in your area, but talking to Doulas is a good start.

The nice thing about a birthing center is that they have pretty much all the medical equipment a hospital has, except for the ability to do a c-section and pain meds.

• What about using a midwife that practices in a hospital and making up a clear birth plan with her? Epidurals aren't allowed in birth centers that aren't attached to hospitals in most states.
  • Looks like my response is a while after your post, but here goes...

I am going to the Birth Center that was mentioned before, in Bryn Mawr. Are you in way West Pennsylvania?

The Birth Center is going to work for me (fingers crossed) because it is private and personal and I've toured the place and will be able to control who comes in and out of the suite. With all of this, the hospital is right across the street.

If you have any questions, there is a website. If you want to ask me, feel free to drop me a message and I'll try to help.

Lillian Annette, can't wait to meetcha! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"