January 2011 Moms

Anyone else hate fleece?

I hate to admit it, but the feeling of fleece makes my skin crawl. It makes my skin feel dirty and ticklish when I touch it, and it grosses me out in the way nails on a chalkboard do. 

Please tell me I'm not the only one... I feel like a freak, and I'm worried that I'm going to get a bunch of fleece baby presents that I can't even enjoy!

Re: Anyone else hate fleece?

• I like the feel of it, but hate that when I wear it, I get shocked by EVERYTHING I TOUCH.

I think the only fleecy thing that Aidan will wear is his bear suit, which, to be honest, I'm not sure is actually even fleece.  It's just made of, um, softness?

~Mom to an amazing Jan 2011 boy~
    ~EDD Nov 18, 2017 with my IUI success story~

[spoiler]
    BabyFruit Ticker[/spoiler]

• Not fleece, but I hate cotton balls.  Make my teeth itch.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • I wanted to buy one of the bear suits so very much, but I can't get over the grossness of the fabric! I thought that maybe I could buy it and deal with it, but then I was worried that I wouldn't want to hold my baby. If you see a non-fleece bear suit please let me know! 

(I'm so sorry to anyone who likes the feeling of fleece, it's nothing against you or the cuteness of the items)

• I don't like fleece or flannel. I'm not as extreme with these feelings as you seem to be, but I won't buy it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm fine with fleece but I can't touch velvet and there's another fabric similar to velvet that I can't touch.  My parents used to have blankets made out of this material that they would put on our beds at winter time and I HATED it.  Making the bed was painful because I just couldn't stand touching the texture of the blanket.   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yeah sorry, I can't get on board with that. I heart fleece. I have fleece pants, fleece pull overs. I would even get fleece undies if I could find breathable ones, lol. I only wished that it was colder in California so I could wear it more often. Mmmm...fleece.
  • You are not the only one! I'm not a fan either!

I don't like the texture of it. I also get shocked by everything metal within a few seconds of just touching it. Thankfully, living in Florida, I'm not too concerned about lots of fleece baby gifts.

• I don't think I have any fabric aversions, but I want to peel my own skin off when someone touches the inside of my elbow; like when you give blood and they have to rub the iodine on there eeeek!!!
  • imagestbmittleman:
    Yeah sorry, I can't get on board with that. I heart fleece. I have fleece pants, fleece pull overs. I would even get fleece undies if I could find breathable ones, lol. I only wished that it was colder in California so I could wear it more often. Mmmm...fleece.

I have to agree, I love living in NE so I can get all I can out of my fleece! One winter I ordered fleece directly from Malden Mills where it's made and made cute blankets for me and my sister (I just finished the edges with yarn) and it was 1/4 the price that you can get it in the stores.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I love the snugglyness of it.  However if I am wearing it I need a layer of cotton between me and the fleece.  A fleece throw is good for the tv/couch though.
  • We couldn't be further from opposite in this regard. In the winter months, I live in fleece when I'm lounging around the house.

I <3 it!

• I hate fleece. hate hate hate. I hate when you are staying at someone else's house and they give you a fleece blanket to sleep under. I'd rather freeze all night than be under fleece. It's an awful material. I'm not to worried about fleece baby presents though, since we live in Florida.
    DD1 01/09/11 DD2 10/31/12 #3 EDD 10/22/14--Stick baby stick! Always in my heart, 4 sweet angels 2/10, 10/11, 12/11 & 10/13
  • imageNJBrit:

I wanted to buy one of the bear suits so very much, but I can't get over the grossness of the fabric! I thought that maybe I could buy it and deal with it, but then I was worried that I wouldn't want to hold my baby. If you see a non-fleece bear suit please let me know! 

(I'm so sorry to anyone who likes the feeling of fleece, it's nothing against you or the cuteness of the items)

So I have to admit, I love fleece, only thing that bothers me about it is all of the dog hair mine seem to attract from my fur baby. But my Mom & I have all kinds of weird "nails to the chalkboard" things, for me I can't stand metal touching metal (like cooking utensils, etc) and my mom can't even look at anything made from frosted glass.

ANYWAY, you'd asked if anyone's seen any non-fleece bear suits. I did see a few nylon ones at Gap, but they all seem to have the fleece lining.

https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=8788&vid=1&pid=764069&scid=764069002

• I hate it passionately. Probably because polyester in general just grosses me out... I have a weird hang-up about synthetic fabrics. But FWIW, I never owned a single fleece/polyester item for Lyla, and she survived the winter just fine. ;)
  • imagemidnight*sun:
    I don't think I have any fabric aversions, but I want to peel my own skin off when someone touches the inside of my elbow; like when you give blood and they have to rub the iodine on there eeeek!!!

I have a problem with anyone touching my belly button Tongue Tied  Totally weird sensation.  DH has to be very careful to avoid it.

I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • I dig it until it has to be washed and then it just looks and feels like crap.
  • imageizzourclue:
    Not fleece, but I hate cotton balls.  Make my teeth itch.

OMG, me too!  Everyone thinks I'm crazy -- "you're not eating it"!  But they totally make my teeth itch.

• i'm so not a fan of fleece.  and just to make it worse, a co-worker gave me a "gift" of some of her old baby items, including a fleece blanket that stank so bad, i think it gave me an even bigger aversion to it!
  • imagehollyh74:
    A fleece throw is good for the tv/couch though.
    Ditto! Love fleece throws especially with a good fire going and a good book!
  • Not a fleece fan, but maybe that's more because I live in Florida, and we don't really use fleece with our consistent heat.
  • imagekknapp25:
    imageNJBrit:

I wanted to buy one of the bear suits so very much, but I can't get over the grossness of the fabric! I thought that maybe I could buy it and deal with it, but then I was worried that I wouldn't want to hold my baby. If you see a non-fleece bear suit please let me know! 

So I have to admit, I love fleece, only thing that bothers me about it is all of the dog hair mine seem to attract from my fur baby. But my Mom & I have all kinds of weird "nails to the chalkboard" things, for me I can't stand metal touching metal (like cooking utensils, etc) and my mom can't even look at anything made from frosted glass.

ANYWAY, you'd asked if anyone's seen any non-fleece bear suits. I did see a few nylon ones at Gap, but they all seem to have the fleece lining.

https://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=8788&vid=1&pid=764069&scid=764069002

Ooh, thank you for the suggestion! That's really cute, and I guess if the fleece is on the inside it won't be so bad. Maybe I'll wait for it to go on sale.  

• If you knit, or if you know anyone who does, you could make a knitted bear suit, like the one on the cover of this book. I'm going to make it for my little one!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"