Austin Babies

Do you have a favorite sling?

I have an ergo but would like to also try out a sling.  Anyone have any favorites or ones to avoid?

Re: Do you have a favorite sling?

• Pouch slings make me nervous and I'm pretty sure that style was deemed unsafe (I know the Infantino ones were all recalled), so if I were looking for a sling-style carrier I would go for a ring sling. You can adjust the top rails and bottom rails separately to get a good fit for you and baby and you can use them from birth on up. I don't have one though, so I wouldn't know a brand to recc. Try asking on the AP board. :)

I can say, though, that I LOVEDLOVED my Moby wrap the first 4 months. Like, couldn't have lived without it kind of love. 

• That's an endorsement!  I didn't realize you could use mobys from birth.  I'll check em out.  Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've heard good things about the Maya ring sling.
  • Until DS was about 5 mos, we used the Moby. It was great when he was teeny. Then it got HOT in our fine state, and I looked for a cooler alternative. I got a linen ring sling from https://www.sleepingbaby.net/, and it's been great (esp for the hip carry).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • i really liked my baby balboa sling.  the moby wrap was too much for me and/or i guess i didn't have the patience for it:)  the sling was great for us and DH even wore it a few times:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageL*L*CG:
    That's an endorsement!  I didn't realize you could use mobys from birth.  I'll check em out.  Thanks!

I look like I was hit by a Mac truck in this photo, but here's a post about me wearing Cam in the Moby at 9 days old. :)

https://obabylove.blogspot.com/2009/09/dear-sweet-moby-wrap.html 

• imageL*L*CG:
    That's an endorsement!  I didn't realize you could use mobys from birth.  I'll check em out.  Thanks!

You are welcome to borrow my moby for as long as you want it.  I don't use it at all anymore, but did all the time when both Kennedy and Atalie were itty bitty.

Pregnancy Ticker

Kennedy Clover 7.14.08, Atalie Ryan 1.25.10
  • imagemrslaquinta:

imageL*L*CG:

You are welcome to borrow my moby for as long as you want it.  I don't use it at all anymore, but did all the time when both Kennedy and Atalie were itty bitty.

SCORE.  Thank you!  I will!

• i made my own linen ring sling and have the fabric to make a "moby" type wrap. i can make 4 slings out of 40 bucks of nice fabric and save money to splurge on a ergo. I have heard that ring slings are way better than just non adjustable slings, and I have heard mixed reviews on wraps like the moby just because of heat and being difficult for some people to learn ways to wrap it. I have also heard that babies and momma might like different carriers for different things, and times so i wanted to give myself a variety.
  • If I'd had DD in the winter I would have never taken the moby off.  It was just too darned hot once summer came for us to be able to wear it much.

I have a Zolowear ring sling (boring but fairly easy to use) and a pSling that's my everyday go-to sling.  You can find amazing deals on ring slings on thebabywearer's FSOT board if you don't mind pre-loved or for new sleepingbaby.net is always highly recommended.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"