Alaska Babies

Poll- Because our board is slow...

What do you do for a living?

What is your favorite Alaskan Restaurant?

What the best/worst thing about living here?

Have you started to look for a winter coat to fit your bump?

Whats your favorite thing about your pregnancy at this point?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Poll- Because our board is slow...

• I am a SAHM.

I have several favorite restaurants...Moose's Tooth and Glacier Brewhouse in Anchorage and Ivory Jack's and Chena's on the River in Fairbanks...

Best-It's simple.  I love Alaska.  I love the pace, the culture, the extreme weather and seasons, and my lifestyle.

Worst- It's so far away and expensive to visit my family in the Lower 48

I'm not KU right now, but when I was, I didn't get a special coat.  I usually just wear a sweatshirt and keep my cold weather gear in the car.

• I am a preschool teacher.... actually I run a preschool in Eagle River. It's fabulous! My favorite restaurant is Pizzaman in Eagle River, but I LOVE Moose's Tooth in Anchorage!! I love everything about living here. I'm a born and raised Alaskan who enjoys all the seasons. The only irritating part is those way too cold winters (colder than minus 30) when my car freezes up. Maybe I just need a garage. I love snowmachining, snow-shoeing, ice fishing, and being at the cabin in the winter. In the summer I love fishing, hiking, swimming, camping and relishing in the 'heat'. Fall is great for hunting and the beautiful scenery!! I have my boyfriend's NorthFace that I think will work out for me. It's a mens medium but the stomach part is really big. I am having an issue finding snowpants though. Why don't they make maternity ones?!?
  • Loading the player...
  • Living: I am a special education teacher at a high school in Anchorage.

Fav Alaskan Restaurant: Moose's Tooth and Snow City Cafe

Best:  Alaska is gorgeous and there is so much to do! 

Worst: I am a little bit of a clothes junky and the shopping is not so great here! 

Coat: I have tried looking but I have no idea what i am going to do!

Fav thing about pregnancy: Seeing week to week the changes with the baby (and me)! 

• What do you do for a living?

I'm a full-time student and a book keeper for my dad and step-dad (they're commercial fishermen).

Well, being from Southeast, and even more so from Petersburg, I can really only say on the one place in town that's actually decent, so... Tina's! :)

SO RURAL! I wish I could go into a store and try on clothes before buying them. :(

When I was pregnant with DD I just wore sweatshirts and a light jacket. Petersburg doesn't get TOO cold, but we did get a ton of snow!

My favorite thing WAS feeling DD's kicks and hiccups! :) Now, since she's born, it's when she smiles at me. I don't care if it's because she's farting, it still makes my day perfect when it was otherwise shitty. :)

Flying Solo, Formula Feeding, Working, Loving Life Momma of One. Image and video hosting by TinyPic ::NEW POST ON 2.7.2011:: Come Today, Blue Skies Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • imageMrsStreff:

What do you do for a living?

-I am a cook on Ft. Greely, I love making good money, and hate cooking

-In Fairbanks, Wolf Run, they have the best desserts ever lol

-Best- I was born and raised here, this is what I know, I love the spring and fall the best.  But the summer sun is something that you just have to love. 

-Worst- I hate bugs and creepy crawlies so it really is great in the winter time that we don't see any  :D    

-I haven't really ever owned a winter coat, just a spring jacket works for me.  I am so used to the winters they don't bother me too much.  

- That I am still pregnant, there are a lot of things to look forward to.  The beginning is always the worst, the worry and ms suck.  So I think I am just about past that.  yay!

• imageMrsStreff:

What do you do for a living?- I am a photographer

What is your favorite Alaskan Restaurant?- Picalinos (sp)

What the best/worst thing about living here? best- my family is here, worst- the weather

Have you started to look for a winter coat to fit your bump? Nope and it makes me want to cry

Whats your favorite thing about your pregnancy at this point? Everything this LO is a miracle!

• What do you do for a living?i'm a SAHM (well, soon-to-be mom), my husband works on the slope for ASRC What is your favorite Alaskan Restaurant? i live on the peninsula, and i guess my favorite restaurant down here would be Buckets. i'm pretty simple though... most of the time when i'm in anchorage we go to red robin or the perfect cup lol actually i've never been to moose's tooth :O What the best/worst thing about living here? i LOOOOVE living in alaska. the bugs are not too bad, that's a major one! and i do like the winters. i like having a lot of sun in the summers, but i'm not much into outdoors stuff. i don't think there's anything i don't really like about living in alaska (aside from how annoying it is trying to get stuff shipped up here sometimes -- can we have an ikea yet? ooh how about an olive garden?) but i do hate living on the peninsula and would like to move back to the valley. Have you started to look for a winter coat to fit your bump? not yet! hehehe Whats your favorite thing about your pregnancy at this point? hmm i'm not really far enough yet to really get to enjoy anything. my first appt is on monday, which has me very nervous. so far pregnancy itself is just a huge relief, after TTC for almost three years and dealing with PCOS. i'm extremely thankful to have found a wonderful doctor finally, and to get the chance to finally be pregnant in the first place. 
  • imagehushed:
      What do you do for a living? i'm a SAHM (well, soon-to-be mom), my husband works on the slope for ASRC   What is your favorite Alaskan Restaurant?  i live on the peninsula, and i guess my favorite restaurant down here would be Buckets. i'm pretty simple though... most of the time when i'm in anchorage we go to red robin or the perfect cup lol actually i've never been to moose's tooth :O
    I LOVE buckets!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"