St. Louis Babies

NBR: Visiting St Louis this weekend

Hey ladies...We will be in St Louis this weekend (Sat & Sun). I'd love recommendations for places to eat (esp BBQ) and fun things to do.

From watching Man vs Food my children have decided they need to try the malts/ice cream from Crown Candy Kitchen. Is it as good as it looks on tv?

Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks.

Shannon

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: Visiting St Louis this weekend

• Mmmmmm!! It's wonderful!!

TTC #2 July 2014

Me: 35 DH: 36

FF Chart

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

DD1 Feb 2010

• imageChrissy-n-Tim:
    Mmmmmm!! It's wonderful!!

Thanks! I'm so glad to know that. I took a look at their menu...yum!

• Loading the player...
  • Crown Candy isn't in the best part of town, but it is good. I would go there in the daytime.

If you like sweets, check out Bailey's chocolate bar.

My fave place is the City Museum; whether you bring kids or not, it is a fun place to go.

Forest park is great, too.  the Zoo is free and so is the Art Museum.

have a great weekend!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went to Crown this weekend with the in-laws. You will have to wait in line outside but it is worth the wait. They serve food and the BLT is awesome and has about 2 lbs of bacon on it! 

There is a Cubs vs Cards game this weekend so downtown will be crazy and the Ram's football pre-season starts on Saturday night.

Pappy's BBQ was also on MVF and is a big hit.

If you are beer drinkers and like micro brews. The Schlafly Bottleworks or Tap Room are worth checking out. Both are smoke free and we take LO to both.

City Museum is amazing and so is the zoo.  

Take the kids to the Galleria or West County Mall and go to Build a Bear if you want to spend some money. They get to pick, stuff, and dress a bear. It is a lot of fun and they get to build a friend.  

Have fun!  

• imageFashiongal1973:

We went to Crown this weekend with the in-laws. You will have to wait in line outside but it is worth the wait. They serve food and the BLT is awesome and has about 2 lbs of bacon on it! 

There is a Cubs vs Cards game this weekend so downtown will be crazy and the Ram's football pre-season starts on Saturday night.

Pappy's BBQ was also on MVF and is a big hit.

If you are beer drinkers and like micro brews. The Schlafly Bottleworks or Tap Room are worth checking out. Both are smoke free and we take LO to both.

City Museum is amazing and so is the zoo.  

Take the kids to the Galleria or West County Mall and go to Build a Bear if you want to spend some money. They get to pick, stuff, and dress a bear. It is a lot of fun and they get to build a friend.  

Have fun!  

My older kids are almost 11 & 15 - they would shoot me if I took them to Build a Bear. LOL. We will however, be taking Logan there...soon. :)

We tried to get tickets to the Cubs...no go and I actually looked at tickets for the football game...they are still available, but I don't want to spend $30 a ticket. :)

We've definitely thought about Pappy's since seeing it on MVF...looks pretty incredible. 

I'm excited about Crown Candy even if there is a wait. I looked up some other online reviews and other people raved about the BLT as well. Maybe we will just have dinner there.  We will be having lunch in Kansas City on Saturday so something besides bbq might be nice.

DH would be interested in the micro brews so I will tell him about those. Do they serve food there as well?

Thanks for the help everyone!

ETA: Nevermind about The Schlafly Bottleworks or Tap Room. I found info online!

• You could also go on the free tour at Anheuser-Busch.  They end the tour with a tasting in this really nice room.  You get 2 small glasses for free.  I suggest getting Michelob Golden Draft - it's only available in certain areas to buy (b/c it's their secret weapon). 

I love to eat at Hodak's for special occassions.  It's a fried chicken place and soooo good!  Seriously the best fried chicken you'll ever eat! 

https://www.hodaks.com/

The Zoo in Forest Park is really nice, and free admission.  Parking is $11 though.  We have The Magic House in Kirkwood which is for kids of all ages.  Haven't been there in forever but they keep expanding every time I drive by.  We also have The Butterfly House in Chesterfield which is a really neat educational place to go.  Six Flags in Eureka is a big amusement park.

There's so much to do in STL - the possiblities are endless!!! Have fun!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Modesto is hands down one of the best tapas restaurants I've ever been to.  Actually it's probably one of the best restaurants I've ever been to period.

It's located down on The Hill.   : ) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"