Trying to Get Pregnant

Sleeping pills during 2ww?

So I'm pretty certain I O'd on Tuesday.  I have open circles the last 2 days because I'm taking my temp around 5 something instead of 7:00.  I keep waking up at that earlier time, which is annoying....

My question is....would you take an OTC sleeping pill during the 2ww? 

I am desperate to get a good night's sleep! 

BabyFruit Ticker TTC #2 since March 2010. 2 LOSSES ... c/p - Dec 2010. Ectopic - March 2011. Me: 35; DH: 34 DX: DOR, egg quality issues ; DH - all normal FSH 10.1, Estradiol 21.8, AMH 0.49 IVF #1 (Oct/Nov 2011) (Antagonist with BCP's)- 5R, 0 eggs to transfer CD3 b/w by same RE 1/2012: FSH 6, AMH 1.4...wtf?? IVF #2 (Apr 2012) EPP/Antagonist with ICSI - 10R, 7M, 6 ICSI'd, 2F. 3DT = BFN AMH tested by new RE 6/2012 - 2! Saving money for IVF #3. Started a ton of supplements in May 2012 and hoping for a miracle! SURPRISE BFP!! (October 2012)

Re: Sleeping pills during 2ww?

• I am not sure, but a friend of mine said her doctor allowed her to take ambien during her pregnancy, so maybe its not bad?  Can you call your doctor and ask the nurse?

His three plus my one; we are all excited to welcome a little one!

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm not sure.  I've always avoided it.  Maybe call you doctor and see what their opinion is?  Maybe some melatonin which is natural?
    Keep growing preemie ballerina! Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • I know Unisom is safe.  It's on my list of stuff that's safe to take during pregnancy & my doctor recommended it for morning sickness.  I don't know about any others.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Ambien and melatonin are ok for pregnancy, but you need to use moderation with both.  Ambien could cause withdrawls for the baby after it is born (if you use it ALL the time while pregnant), and new research on melatonin has found a link to gestational diabetes.  But using either in moderation is fine.  Plus you baby might not even be implanted at this time, so you should just get a good night rest because in the long run, it will ease your stress and help your baby grow.
  • you can take benadryl, its the same ingredient as tylenol pm etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"