Texas Babies
Options

Any Recommendations on a maid service?

This may be a long shot since no one had a primary care physician to recommend but with #2 coming I think I will need a maid!

We just moved into this house and I can barely keep up (4,200sqft) much less after #2 comes. I need someone who can speak English b/c I can not speak any Spanish.

Any one have someone they trust/recommend. I have never had a maid before and am nervous about stuff being stolen, so I want them to insured.

TIA! 

Re: Any Recommendations on a maid service?

• Options
    Have you checked with your neighbors? Mine is wonderful, but 1. her English isn't that great, 2. she is not insured, but that doesn't bother me, several neighbors use her and she is fabulous. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Actually, I *do* have a rec... she does speak English, but I doubt she is insured.... she's very sweet, fast, and good! She has cleaned for me in the past and also cleans for my mom's neighbor. Let me know if you want her info and I will PM it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

yes please!! Also- how often does your maid come? what price range should I expect when interviewing maids?

Thanks!! 

• Options

I use a woman named Raquel, I originally got her through the White Glove Maid Service but now she has started her own company...I am not sure is she is insured (although she is always extremely careful not do damage anything and she has never broken or damaged a thing in our house and we have many delicate antique glass & furniture pieces). She has been cleaning our house for nearly a year (she comes every 2 weeks) and she is truly fantastic...she speaks English pretty well although you can tell she is not entirely fluent. We trust her so much so that we now have her come by when my husband and I are @ work...we have her lock up the house and arm our alarm for us (although she doesn't know the deactivation code lol!). She charges us 75 per visit and our house is 2,300 so ft. (not sure what she would charge for a larger home) She goes above and beyond every single time she comes and she always accommodates special requests. She also has a laundry service if needed. Her # is 210-404-5481 (if you end up calling her let her know that the Ayala's referred you ha-ha).

• Options
    imageMignonster:

I use a woman named Raquel, I originally got her through the White Glove Maid Service but now she has started her own company...I am not sure is she is insured (although she is always extremely careful not do damage anything and she has never broken or damaged a thing in our house and we have many delicate antique glass & furniture pieces). She has been cleaning our house for nearly a year (she comes every 2 weeks) and she is truly fantastic...she speaks English pretty well although you can tell she is not entirely fluent. We trust her so much so that we now have her come by when my husband and I are @ work...we have her lock up the house and arm our alarm for us (although she doesn't know the deactivation code lol!). She charges us 75 per visit and our house is 2,300 so ft. (not sure what she would charge for a larger home) She goes above and beyond every single time she comes and she always accommodates special requests. She also has a laundry service if needed. Her # is 210-404-5481 (if you end up calling her let her know that the Ayala's referred you ha-ha).

awesome! thanks :) 

• Options
    T&C- check your PM- I sent you a rec. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"