High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Hospital Bedrest Mamas...something to "pack"!

I spent 6 weeks in the hospital (and 3 at home before that) on bed rest before my DS was born in March.

At the hospital where I delivered, there's a big high risk floor. After delivery, moms move from their high risk rooms to normal Family Care rooms. I didn't really think of this, and wasn't prepared to change rooms when DS was born. (He was an emergency c/section at 32w1d)

If any of you are in a situation like this, you might want to pack a "hospital bag" or set aside a pile of things in your room to be taken to your post-delivery room. I was whisked away and didn't have a chance to pack up my room, and after 6 weeks I had a lot of stuff in there!

Fortunately, DH had MIL go up and get my cell phone and camera before she went to L&D, so we had a camera to take pics of DS in the delivery room. But, I didn't have things like my computer, snacks, etc. after DS was born. All of that was packed up by the nurses and eventually made its way to my MIL's SUV. I wished that I had some of the creature comforts that I had in my room prior to DS's birth.

I've been meaning to post this forever... I hope that it can help someone.

Also, hospital bed rest was the HARDEST thing I have ever done. But, after looking at my tiny baby, I knew that it was worth every second! Hang in there ladies!

Re: Hospital Bedrest Mamas...something to "pack"!

• Options
    I think that's odd. I was on hospital bedrest for 3 weeks with DD and my family and the nurses packed up all our stuff (we had accumulated a lot too) from our Labor & Deluvery room and moved it to our postpartum room, so we had all our stuff, and I even went to ICU for 2 days after DD was born.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I never thought of that... I guess that they didn't want to move too many things into the new room? Well, if I'm ever in that situation again, I'll have some things set aside!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"