School-Aged Children
Options

If you have kids in different schools...

How do you handle scheduling conflicts? 

Today is our first day back and I already had to miss the PTA coffee at older DD's school because it was at the same time I had to drop off my other DD across town.  I swear we run into this kind of thing several times a year. 

Last year I missed a lot of older DD's events.  It really did make the most sense to do it that way but I'm not happy with it. 

Re: If you have kids in different schools...

• Options
    We usually get a babysitter for the other one.  And, DH or ILs will help out with drop offs if there are conflicts. 
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • Options
    If you have someone else to do a pick up or drop off, that would be helpful. If it were something I felt not worth missing than if needed and I dont have a sitter, I will take the other child with me and send them to school late. Sometimes its a tuffy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I do, and for the first year since DS was born, I've returned to classroom teaching.  So between the three of us, we have THREE meet the teacher days, THREE back to school nights, etc.  Fortunately, my school has conferences in December, and not at the same time as the kids.

Anyway, since I have one kid in kindergarten and one in 5th, I'm erring on the side of attending the kindergarten stuff, and communicating via email with DD's teachers, etc.

For BTS night, my H will be attending my daughter's while I'm meeting my own students' parents.  Then I'll go to DS's the next night at his school.

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"