3rd Trimester

NBR poll about your furbabies (dogs)

I'm bored and tired of the epidural/weight debate going on...

sooo what's your favorite breed of dog and why?? 

Mine are in my siggy ;)

"Seriously, mommy forum people are some crazy ass bitches." New Year New You

Re: NBR poll about your furbabies (dogs)

• Labs because I think they are the cutest puppies/dogs ever =)
  • Oh, I love them all.

I have two. A Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and a Cane Corso Mastiff.  I love them both for very different reasons.

I've also always wanted a French Bulldog.

I tend to lean more towards low energy dogs.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Basset Hounds, you know the big ones with short legs and long ears that drag on the ground. We had one when we were little and he was the best dog you could ever ask for.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm a cat person (have 3 at home) but I like the bigger breeds of dogs.  German shepards, labs, and we had a pit when I was growing up that was so smart and sweet.
  • I have two Pomeranians and a German Shepherd Dog. I also grew up in a house full of Alaskan Malamutes. I love all of these breeds. Not only are they all beautiful, but they have amazing personalities as well.
  • My dog is a St Bernard/Hound so I guess that's my fave cause I've never had a dog before.  I wouldn't mind one that is a little more quiet but I love when he's just 'talking' and I think he's the perfect size.  He's about 75lbs and solid.  Well, you can see him in my siggy.  I've never really been a dog person but I truly love him to death!
  • imageNorcal_chick:
    Labs because I think they are the cutest puppies/dogs ever =)

Totally agree with this - although my yorkie (yeah - I am a "big" dog gal with a RAT dog!) is freaking adorable too!

DH is obcessed with english bull dogs - but that's a school mascot based obcession. 

Oh heck - I like them all!

• imagetastyburger:
    I'm a cat person (have 3 at home) but I like the bigger breeds of dogs.  German shepards, labs, and we had a pit when I was growing up that was so smart and sweet.

Yes 

• oh I love all of em too.  we have 3 yorkies and 1 labradoodle so I think I prefer ones that are non/low- shedding.  But I will always take the opportunity to pet and play with a dog when given the chance, no matter what kind it is.
  • I don't have a favorite breed- the best dogs I've ever owned have been mixed.  Although my parents just bought a Great Dane who is super cute.

Here's my doggie the day we met at the pound (8 weeks old then, 3 yrs old now):

the Family dog I grew up with (passed last year) also from the pound (best dog ever!):

Parents new great dane puppy:

• Jack Russells!  Out of all the dogs I've owned, they seem to have the most endearing, individual, and intelligent personalities...  Not to mention they can keep a good clip behind me when I go trail riding/running.  A big dog in a compact little body :D

But all dogs fit a certain owner type-- that's the beauty of dogs :)

• My first puppy was a dalmatian named Cookie. Right now, we have two lab mixes who we picked up at a shelter about a year apart: Oreo, the black lab and greyhound just turned four and we got him 10 months before Cookie passed away, and a month after her passing, we got Blondie, a yellow lab (?) and heeler mix who will be four next March.

I like all puppies but for our home, prefer dogs over 40/50 lbs. We are not cat people but my sister, who is allergic to dogs and has to take meds before coming over, and BIL have two cats named Sadie and Seattle. I dont know what kind, but I do know that one of them goes extremely psycho on catnip so they are not allowed any, and they play fetch with small items like soda bottle caps.

"We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet." Benedict Cumberbatch

GIFSoup 

<a href

• I love all dogs and there are so many breeds I love, but I did my research and found the dog for me ~ Boxers.  They have such a fun, active, silly personality and are just LOVERS.  Plus, they are great with kids.  And, I love kissing their floppy lips :)  We have two Boxers and I hope to never be without one!

• ooh, tough one! DH and I are both big fans of mixed breeds and mutts. 

Though we have only cats right now we're looking forward to when the kids are old enough and we can add a dog to the family!

I loved my cocker spaniel dearly, she was protective but a big sweetie! 

imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Labs and Great Danes. I've had my lab for over 9 1/2 years and I love her to pieces! She has the best disposition and is pretty much my shadow. If I ever had a huge farm I'd totally get a Great Dane. I also have a Boston Terrier, which is H's favorite breed. He's growing on me. He has a whole lotta terrier in him. Everyone says Bostons are either calm or crazy...we got a crazy one! But, he is amazing with our 3 year old...which makes me love him more. :o)
  • I love labs & springer and brittany spaniels. They are great family dogs, wonderful with kids, have lots of energy and love to PLAY! I have both a lab and a brittany - they are such fun!
  • I love my pittie and can't really imagine owning another breed, although I prefer female pits because they always seem to be a bit calmer than males.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • The only breed that seems to fit our family is a bulldog. Short walks meet their exercise needs. They (or at least mine) entertain themselves quite well with a stick or crumpled up water bottle. Super loyal. Personality for days. And the underbite . . . how can you not love that underbite.

And the dreaming with that wrinkled face with the tongue sticking out . . . no other breed can compete with that image in my head.

• I love your doggy! I showed Dunes your dog picture (by the pool) last night.  He really just looked at me like I was crazy, but I told him they could be buddies.

My favorite breed is a Springer Spaniel, but Dunes is a Spaniel mutt and I think he is pretty freakin' cute!   Pain in the asss, but real cute!

• I love all dogs except the droolie ones. lol I always gravitate toward lap dogs though.  Right now we have Daisy, my 11 year old Chihuahua, and Sookie, our 1 year old Chorkie.  I say Daisy is mine because I've had her since she was 6 weeks old. I tell people she is half my life because I got her when I was 10 and I'm 21 now. I can't imagine what it will be like when she is gone. 

Dh is a more of a cat person but he loves the girls. I really do not like cats but I tolerate his.  He had 4 when I moved in. The one cat I did like died the day we got our bfp. It was really hard for both of us. 

• imageBeanie_mrt:

Hounds, because they are smart and stubborn and cuddly and loyal.

THIS!  Especially coonhounds! 

I have two redbone coonhounds.  Challenging, but perfectly wonderful and I wouldn't trade them for the world!

• I also agree that mixed breeds/mutts and pound puppies are the best!  lots of good characteristics from the breeds but rarely any of the issues.
  • I love the big breeds like too!  Our neighbors have a mastif and he's the coolest dog, we had gone out one time to a dog show and saw these great danes that you could adopt and my absolute favorite was this one that looked like a cow:

I really wanted to take her home but could not imagine cleaning up the yard after a dog that weighed more than me!  Yikes!

• imagewife1014:

I love your doggy! I showed Dunes your dog picture (by the pool) last night.  He really just looked at me like I was crazy, but I told him they could be buddies.

My favorite breed is a Springer Spaniel, but Dunes is a Spaniel mutt and I think he is pretty freakin' cute!   Pain in the asss, but real cute!

They are my babies!! Huskies to me are some of the coolest dogs. They need lots of exercise and training but I wouldn't have it any other way.  

I saw your dunes and he is pretty freakin cute!!

• I LOVE big dogs. Akitas, Chows and Pits are my favorites. My family had an Akita when I was young and I used to think it was a pony.
  • I love all of them! But we just rescued a 6 month old boxer from a shelter about a month ago and he is the sweetest dog I've ever been around! We are so in love with him :) He is the perfect dog to have around kids. He took to my DD right away. He follows her all over the house...and he wants to sleep with her but she won't let him because the cat sleeps in her room. The cat doesn't know what to think about him yet :)

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I have a cairn terrier.  He can be a handful, but he's totally worth it.  He loves to play and loves to cuddle up on the couch just the same.  He also loves to bark at just about anything faster than he is.

I love most all the terrier breeds.  I also love French Bulldogs.  I think they're the cutest puppies ever.  If I could have a big dog, I love Newfoundlands and Great Pyrenees.  

• I prefer larger dogs. I don't really have a favorite breed and am perfectly happy with mutts.

We own a German Shepherd/Lab mix (with possibly some Akita in her too) and an Amstaff, both adopted from a local rescue. I adore them.

BabyFruit Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • Mutts. :) I have a Golden/Basset/Springer/Lab and he is healthy and goofy and loveable.

But I also like Goldens, Spaniels, and Corgis are just too cute. 

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• I love my mystery mutt!  He's a rescue from Tennessee; his mother was tied to a fence outside a shelter and had four puppies a week later.  He's definitely black lab, other than that we have no idea what he is.  At the dog park and while out walking we've gotten guesses everything from pitbull to coonhound to boxer to boston terrier.  He's the most adorable dog ever!

He loves shoes...

• My babies are a Weimeraner and a hound mix...

I now prefer mid to large sized dogs!! Mutts are awesome, but I love herding/hunting dogs and Danes!!! 

• imagekcl22:

I love my mystery mutt!  He's a rescue from Tennessee; his mother was tied to a fence outside a shelter and had four puppies a week later.  He's definitely black lab, other than that we have no idea what he is.  At the dog park and while out walking we've gotten guesses everything from pitbull to coonhound to boxer to boston terrier.  He's the most adorable dog ever!

He loves shoes...

I def. see the boxer!! 

• I really love all dogs... but I am just a little impartial to my westie (West Highland Terrier.)  He has such personality and is my sweet boy.  He is going to be so jealous when LO arrives, but I keep promising him he will get mommy time with me as well.

Here's my FB:

• Any bully breed, I grew up with them and I love their smished faces and snorty-ness :D

photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Charlee is a German Sheppard-Huskie Mix.
  • i'm a huge dog lover. I have a dachshund, yorkie, and min pin right now, but i've had all kinds of other breeds from childhood including beagles, rottweiler, huskies, lab, cocker spaniel, mutts (long story).

i really love labs cuz they are obedient and they like to go in the water. i would love a chocolate lab to take to the doggy beach in the future.

my yorkie is awesome as well. she's smart, obedient, easy going, and very loving. my dachshund is so smart and sweet, but sometimes stubborn. my min pin, well, she's a typical min pin, but the sweetest thing ever!

• i love all dogs!!!

ive always loved big dogs and grew up with irish setters, labs, boxers, and collie's. im actually allergi to dogs though so i was always on meds (still am because im not JUST allergic to dogs). i had built up an immunity to the dogs when i was living at home. when i moved out of my moms and didnt have a dog for a year i lost that immunity and now i suffer big time whenever i go to my moms.

so DH and i got a shih tzu, because she is hypoallergenic. i absolutely ADORE her. she is just so stinkin sweet and lovable and cuddly. she has a hilarious personality and her face could literally melt your heart :) so im officially a shih tzu lover :P

• I definitely tend towards large breed dogs (mastiffs, danes, etc).  But I always get pound pups, which tend to be mixed breeds.  I cannot fathom spending thousands of dollars for a purebred when our shelter is always brimming with awesome dogs.

My current dog is likely a boxer/lab mix, although some people think she could also be part pit, rhodesian ridgeback or mastiff.  I thought she was a dogue de bordeaux mix when I got her from the shelter, but as she's grown up, she has grown too slender to be one of those!

I enjoy large breed dogs because they typically are lower energy and quieter in my experience.  I like a dog that I can pet without having to bend over, but that's just my laziness.  I also like that with a larger breed I don't feel like I could hurt it accidentally by tripping on it.  Small dogs are just not meant for me.

image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I have a Yorkie, I love him to death but I have always wanted a big dog.

I love Boxers, Huskies, German Shepards, and Dobermans. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"