Virginia Babies

Northern VA moms

I'm looking to move to the area from NY. ?A lot of people have recommended Arlington & Alexandrea but the rent looks like it's just as much as NY! ?

Can anyone recommend any nice areas to raise a family that aren't so pricey? ?We'd love to get a 2 bedroom for around $1000 a month or less so we can save to buy a place. ??

Re: Northern VA moms

• I'd recommend looking in the Vienna, Reston, Centreville, or Fairfax area. I live in southern VA now, but I grew up in Vienna and it was great
  • Loading the player...
  • I live in Northern VA.  Honestly, it's pretty expensive because it's so close to DC.  The further away you are from the city the less expensive it will be.  Your best bet would be to look at washingtonpost.com which has a pretty decent selection of apartments and you can search within whatever parameters you choose.  Good luck! It really is a great place to live if you choose to!
    image Pregnancy Ticker
  • I live in Leesburg because the rent was a lot cheaper and it's really nice out here. It's a bit far from DC if you're going to be working there but, if working in Reston or Herndon area is not too far. I would try looking around reston or herndon I didn't really like Fairfax or Sterling. Centreville and Chantilly are also nice places for living. 
  • Another vote for the Leesburg area from me. I moved here two years ago from the UK and I really like it. Close enough to DC to get your city fix but nice to be in a rural area raising children.
  • I live in Burke (in Fairfax County), which is right outside the beltway.  Where will you or your DH be working?  If either of you are in the city, it would be worth it to find something close.  If you want to go a little further than Arlington/Alexandria, go Fairfax County.  If travel is not a big deal, I would do Ashburn or Leesburg.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"