Oregon Babies

IT'S A BOY!

So I just found out today that I am having a little boy!  I am so excited but so scared because my husband wants to name him, "Fredrick" and I don't want to.  So maybe we can compromise.

Re: IT'S A BOY!

• Congrats! Freddie could be a cute name! Is there any reason beyond "I just don't like it" (which is totally acceptable) that you aren't for Frederick? My DH wanted to name our son Gordie. urgh. Glad I won that battle!
  • Congrats!!

I have to agree, I'm not in love with the name Fredrick.. Mostly because I know people would call him Fred or Freddie (or even Rick?) and I'm not a fan of nicknames/shortening names from day 1... If you're only ever going to call him Freddie, make his name Freddie, ya know? :)

Then again, my husband wanted to name our daughter Winter .. of course I won that battle by telling him I'd only ever call her Winnie and he couldn't do that. :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats on a little boy!  Nolan's middle name is Frederick.  Maybe you can compromise and use it as a middle name?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Congrats! Yay for little boys :-) I think freddie is cute too, but if you don't like it, find something else! Boys names are really hard, we just now decided on our name...take your time, you're only 1/2 way there!
  • imagepdxjenn:
    Congrats! Freddie could be a cute name! Is there any reason beyond "I just don't like it" (which is totally acceptable) that you aren't for Frederick? My DH wanted to name our son Gordie. urgh. Glad I won that battle!

No there is no other reasoning by why I don't like the name.  He wants to incorporate his dad's name into it.  His dad's name is Fred.  I just think of freddie kruger every time I think of the name.  How cruel would that be.  Well I got the real opinion of his father yesterday.  He said he would never wish the name "Fred" on any child because it is such an old fashioned name.  So I am hoping I can just name him "Eli".  I love the name!  Any ways thanks gals!  We'll see!  But we definitely have a mover on our hands.  He is moving like crazy!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"