Hawaii Babies

repost from eco board, HELP!!

Bella has been fighting a contact diaper rash for over a week. It was red and irritated for the past week until this morning and now there are a few blisters that appear fluid filled. I feel AWFUL! We CD and I'm not sure what else to do. I've rinsed them extra times and I've used several different creams on her, including petroleum jelly, arbonne, some fancy stuff from whole foods that's natural and nothing is making it better... Any ideas? We have a drs appt at 1 pm today but it's only 9!

Re: repost from eco board, HELP!!

• Boudreaux's usually works for us.  I've not hear of arbonne though - maybe it's similar? 

poor kiddo - hope she feels better soon!

• I don't know if this will work, but my nephew gets horrible diaper rash & when my SIL was visiting the in-laws he had a bad outbreak and she didn't have whatever she normally uses & nothing was open.  I had some 100% aloe vera and she tried it.  It seemed to call him down.  I am not sure if he was just tuckered out or if it really helped, but worth a try I guess.
    imageLilypie Second Birthday tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Our pedi recommended Triple Paste, and it has worked wonders.  We also had a touch of yeast for a week, and alternated the Triple Paste with Nystatin, and it cleared right up.  See what your pedi says.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • sorry that happened!  no experience but from what I read I would let her air out a little.  Naked time, try a fleece liner (helps keep the moisture off), and while at home skip the cover for a while if possible.

Obviously, do what it takes to clear up the existing rash and then try the above to keep this from happening again.  I would also do a really hot wash with some more rinses just to make sure there is no build up

• When Kaya starts to get red I put mylanta on it and it clears up pretty quick. One of our neonatologists always orders it for bad diaper rash because it neutralizes the acid. Not sure if it'll help now that hers is blistering but it's worth a shot.
  • Thanks for all of the advice ladies! Our pedi said to give her baths at least once a day in a baking soda bath (kind of like the mylanta theory) to neutralize everything. Then she said to put neosporin on it 3 times a day and whatever ointment we wanted the rest of the day until it cleared up. She also said to let her air out once in awhile if we could (which we already do). 

THANKS!!
  • Oh yes...air. At work we give O2 blow by on their bums. :P
  • imagesanae78:
    Oh yes...air. At work we give O2 blow by on their bums. :P

If only she wasn't so mobile!!  

• Yeah, true!  That wouldn't really work on her.  Haha.
  • You got some great advice here...much of it we've done with Libby when she's been rashy or had a blister on her bum (I think she sometimes has so many folds and nooks and crannies that they get irritated easily)...we are HUGE fans of airing it out...we just put her on a big waterproof lap pad topped with a premium sized PF and let her air out.  She rarely pees when she has no diaper on, but we have these layers down, just in case.m  Since Bella is mobile, you might just let her run around outside without a diaper.  We also EC and I have found that if I can get her to the potty more often than not, it helps heal up her bottom.  We use CA Babies Calendula Cream with each diaper change as well as their diaper cream (it has zinc in it) when she's red or rashy.  Both work wonderfully.  GL!  I hope it clears up soon.
  • i think you already got great advice here but just wanted to add that if you are ever concerned about a rash (worried it's staph) and need advice just email stephanie at abbyslane @ aol.com and she is happy to help :) i think she prefers if you send a pic too so she can give you the most appropriate advice
  • Get several bags of chammomile tea and break them open into the bath water. have them soak in it for a while that should help the best
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"