High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Am I the only one with GD...

that has already gained a ton of weight at this point?  I read all these posts that say - the upside is you won't gain as much, etc. Well, I have already gained a ton and I gained a ton with my DS (I had GD with him too). In fact, that is how I knew I had GD. Am I alone?
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10

Re: Am I the only one with GD...

• Options
    I can't help you there.  I've actually lost weight, but I was very overweight to begin with and I got diagnosed early on so I've had to watch what I eat for months now. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm sure everyone is different!  I was a size 12 before and have gained 6-8 lbs so far at 29 weeks.  I had expected that I would have a hard time and would gain a lot of weight while pregnant.  Hopefully this will mean it comes off easily after.  I've only been following the GD diet for less than a week and I have a hard time getting my calories in.  I track every little thing I eat and get in 1700 calories a day or less.  I'm not starving myself at all.  I'm totally full eating that much and can't imagine eating more.  How many calories are you getting in a day?
    mmc @ 14 weeks - November 2009. Missed every day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 15DPO:461 17DPO (47hrs later):1380
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMaryYVR:
    I'm sure everyone is different!  I was a size 12 before and have gained 6-8 lbs so far at 29 weeks.  I had expected that I would have a hard time and would gain a lot of weight while pregnant.  Hopefully this will mean it comes off easily after.  I've only been following the GD diet for less than a week and I have a hard time getting my calories in.  I track every little thing I eat and get in 1700 calories a day or less.  I'm not starving myself at all.  I'm totally full eating that much and can't imagine eating more.  How many calories are you getting in a day?

I have no idea.  I haven't gained any on the GD diet, I just gained a ton prior to it.  I did the same thing with my son - I have actually gained the exact same amount of weight that I had at this point with him.  I was a 4 before I got pregnant (both times) but I have to really watch what I eat when I am not pregnant. I have hypermesis (extreme morning sickness) during pregnancy so I have to eat whatever I can keep down and unfortunately that is mainly carbs (in the first and second tri) which leads to a huge weight gain for me. :(

• Options

I can sympathize with you on the "morning" sickness.  Luckily meds (Diclectin) seem to control it these days but if I'm not on the meds, I can't keep anything down, even at 29 weeks.

I've really found Sparkpeople (it's free!) to be effective in seeing how much I'm eating and making sure I'm getting most of my vitamins in as well.

Good luck!

mmc @ 14 weeks - November 2009. Missed every day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 15DPO:461 17DPO (47hrs later):1380
  • Options
    I also gained quite a bit before I went on the GD diet 6 weeks ago.  Since then, I have lost weight.
  • Options
    It's probably because you were smaller to begin with. I haven't gained much this time around, mainly because I was overweight to begin with and I was on a loose GD food plan from the beginning of 2nd tri, then the strict food plan starting 22 weeks. I gained all but 1 lb. of my 9 lb. gain in the 1st tri - I was definitely eating carb heavy then b/c of m/s. I've lost a lot of weight in other areas of my body (face, thighs, chest), so the 9 lbs. is really all "baby weight".
  • Options
    How long have u been on the GD diet? I gained 12 lbs before i started the diet but have since lost 5. If you haven't been on it long just give your bosy some time to regulate the new meal plan. If not, don't stress about it. You'll gain what you need. What you gain will always come off if you put your mind to it! Big Smile
  • Options

imagej+e=baby1:
    How long have u been on the GD diet? I gained 12 lbs before i started the diet but have since lost 5. If you haven't been on it long just give your bosy some time to regulate the new meal plan. If not, don't stress about it. You'll gain what you need. What you gain will always come off if you put your mind to it! Big Smile

Oh, I know. I went down this road with my son too.  Had GD with him and put on a ton of weight before the diagnosis.  I didn't gain anything else after I was put on the diet with him, but I had already gained a lot and I mean a LOT. It all came off, but losing it was the hardest thing ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"