Baby Showers
Options

Guest etiquette, can I ask this?

So I am being thrown a shower by two of my family members, and they have given me a guest list of people from that area that they'd like to invite.  I don't live in the area anymore and will be traveling back to be with my family for the shower, but I am wondering about other out-of-town invites.  This looks to be the only shower I will have, and not that I am gift hungry (I had, in the past, invited several girlfriends to my bridal shower that I asked them specifically not to bring a gift so long as they could make it and share in the party with me), but I want to know if I can ask for a few of my out of town friends to be invited.  I very lightly mentioned it to the lovely ladies throwing the shower for me, and they didn't really comment further on it, ask for addresses, or anything else.  Would it be rude to bring it up again?  There are several girls who live in the area that are invited (so all of my family will be invited, but only 2-3 friends, about half my bridal party from our wedding, who are all still really close to me), but those who live out of town haven't been added to the guest list.  I guess I just really want several specific people there to enjoy this celebration with me but I'm afraid I will be a preg-zilla if I mention it again.  Thoughts, please!! :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Guest etiquette, can I ask this?

• Options
    just give them the list and say you want these invited if that's ok. see what they say. i dont see a problem with that
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Even though others are throwing you the shower, it's still YOUR shower and I think if you want some friends there, that should be up to you!

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Technically you should be dictating the guest list to them, in the parameters of the amount of people they can comfortably afford to host.  It sounds like they told you who would be coming which is so odd to me!

I would call them up or email them and just say, here are an additional 4 people I'd like to be invited and here are their addresses.  Then it's up to them to come back to you if they can't add them.

• Options
    I say invite them. Give the names and addresses to your hosts. I had a couple of close girlfriends and some family actually fly in for my shower. We're close so as long as we are able to, we travel oot for events and I do the same.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You should be providing them with the guest list for the shower.  Yes, they are throwing it, but they don't get to decide who is/is not invited.  At most they are entitled to give you a number that they are willing to accomodate,  I would just give them the names and addresses of the guests you'd like to invite.
  • Options
    I find it unusual that the hostesses are dictating the guest list.  It has been my experience that the guest of honor gets the max # of invitees from the hostesses and then provides the list.
    Cricket's Cadence
  • Options
    Give them the list of your friends and their addresses and say that you would love for these people to be invited as well.  Unless there is a restriction on the number of people allowed at the location, it should be fine.
  • Options
    Keep in mind that your hostesses are footing the bill for the party.  Adding more people, means more money, so you may want to check with them rather than just assuming, my party my list.
  • Options
    its your baby shower you get to invite who ever you want!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"