Two Under 2

Nursing DD and pregnant with DS can it be done for a while?

Anyone who has nursed while pregnant would love advice?

What about at birth and nursing two?

Will my newborn get everything he needs?

What happens if my DD wants to nurse everytime I nurse DS?

Just stressing about what will happen in Jan 2011:)

Re: Nursing DD and pregnant with DS can it be done for a while?

• I found out that I was pregnant with #2, when DD was 9 months old.  I introduced whole milk at 11 months and our last nursing session was on her first birthday.  DD wasn't STTN and nursing was becoming uncomfortable, which is why I chose to wean her when I did.  Another factor was that I had pre-term labor with DD and my doc thought it would be better to wean DD sooner rather than later.

Some LOs will wean themselves, when your colostrum comes in.

Here's a list of FAQ about nursing during pregnancy and tandem nursing: https://www.kellymom.com/nursingtwo/faq/index.html

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • I nursed DS from 3 mo till he was 8.5 months while pregnant. When I stopped I was 5 months pregnant. I started supplementing when he was 6 months just to have breaks. My nipples felt like fire an then he got teeth. Also I could feel that I was having contractions while nursing but they got more intense later on. I'm glad I did it but it did have challenges. I did not consider tandem nursing. I would take it one day at a time and see how it goes. People do it and it's totally possible.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm not even considering tandem nursing but I can tell you my experience so far. DD is 13 months old and still nursing 4-5 times a day. I am 11 weeks pregnant. We've had no real issues except decreased supply. My nipples feel just fine. I think it is making the exhaustion worse because my body is trying to grow a new baby AND make milk and that's tough on your body to do. I plan to have her weaned between 15-16 months. I'd like a break between the two of them.
  • thanks for asking this. I am curious myself just ttc while still nursing twice a day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"