Orange County Babies
Options

Are the Sleepsacks worth it?

Hi, I'm trying to figure out my registry and I really love the super cute aden and anais slumber sacks but I'm wondering if I will really use them. Do they come in handy?

https://www.amazon.com/Halo-Innovations-SleepSack-Wearable-Blankets/dp/B000ALFVQ2/ref=pd_sim_ba_10

Re: Are the Sleepsacks worth it?

• Options

We never used our sleepsacks.  DD was always swaddled.

The Aden and Anais muslin blankets are really nice, though.  We use those often.

• Options
    I used them and I loved them!  I didnt at first, because I swaddled her but once she could roll over, swaddling didn't work out too great so we started with the sleepsack.  So I would say I didnt really use it until 6 months or so... but I loved it none the less!  I also have the Aden and Anais blankets and they too are great.  I have them at daycare for her and she is 10 months and they are big enough to swaddle her still.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did swaddles with their blankets since they have the perfect amount of give with them. We personally never liked the sleep sacks.
    Socializing foster puppies since 2009
    image image
    Chart for TTC#2
  • Options

I used sleep sacks with my son from birth until he was 2 (he hated being swaddled and always wanted to stretch out...)

My daughter is the same way...I use them on her as well and she is 9 months....But again she, too, hated being swaddled.

• Options
    We never used them.  We went from the SwaddleMe to the Miracle Blanket to nothing.

After 2 rounds of IVF & 2 rounds of FET, we were blessed with identical twin girls!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I loved the sleepsacks.  I swaddled for about 5 months and then switched to sleepsacks for another 4-5 months after that because it was winter and I wanted the extra warmth.  If you're due in January though, you can likely go from swaddle to nothing.  Some kids hate being swaddled though, so you may end up wanting the sleep sacks.  think of it like a blanket, so if it's cold enough to warrant a blanket, you're going to want either a swaddle or a sleep sack.  most of mine were Carter's brand, not A+A, though I do hope to get some of the A+A blankets this time around.
  • Options
    We swaddled for 5 months (until he started rolling) and then switched to sleepsacks. DS still wears a sleepsac every night and he's 14 months. There's no way he'd keep a blanket on, so at least I know he's covered at night in the sleepsac. Ilove using them.
  • Options
    I have three kids and have used sleep sacks with all of them. Like others said, I swaddled in the beginning (first couple months) and then moved on to sleep sacks. Basically, I have used/use them instead of blankets. I love them!
  • Options
    I never used them. I swaddled DS until he was 4 months and then he went to bed just wearing pajamas.
  • Options

Thanks guys! I think I'm going to add a few to my registry. They just seem a little safer than swaddling. I know I'm going to doubt my ability to swaddle properly.

I wish babies came with manuals! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"