Two Under 2
Options

2u2 Poll

Here's a poll for honest answers...[Poll]
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image   and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: 2u2 Poll

• Options
    i bet answers will differ depending on the age of LO#2.  i.e. when DS (#2) was newborn - 3 mos, it was HARD, HARD, HARD!  now that he's 6 mos, it's getting easier.  still hard, but easier.  just my thoughts...
  • Options

imagegobigblue:
    i bet answers will differ depending on the age of LO#2.  i.e. when DS (#2) was newborn - 3 mos, it was HARD, HARD, HARD!  now that he's 6 mos, it's getting easier.  still hard, but easier.  just my thoughts...

This is true!! I should have been more specific...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image   and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I found it pretty easy when #2 was a newborn. he slept a lot.  dd just looked at him, went on with her life. it was when he started to be awake more and demanding my attention more that dd acted out. I'd say months 2-4.  then he started giggling at dd and that was it. she was the center of the universe again and all was good.  lol.

much depends on the baby's temperament . #2 was a laid back baby who napped a lot.  we woke more in the night for longer, but not much longer. he started bf'ing sooner than dd (some latch issues but really no feeding problems)
    #1 pg, delivery and first few weeks pp were rough (severe preeclampsia, dd had a bad case of jaundice, wt loss, feeding issues, latch issues for months, I was in the ER with her at 5days old with hypothermia. she couldn't gain and couldn't keep the temp up, then she never napped long during the day.  cat naps here and there. but she sttn early , 10hr nights by 3months).  so #2 seemed like a breeze.  

when #1 was born, our lives completely changed.  and we had a lot of stress.  when #2 was born, he just fit into our routines.  strapped him into a carrier and went on my way.  one thing that did help , I put dd in a MMO 1-2 mornings a week.  even if it was just an hour or two (usually it was for 2 hrs or 3 hrs at a time), it was helpful.  I could spend alone time with #2, or go to the grocery with just one child as opposed to 2... take ds to his well visits without dd.  helpful since we have no family around us.  

dc are 19 months apart. they are older now.  ds will be 3 soon, dd is 4 1/2.  they are the best of friends.  there are rough days. there will be no matter the age difference... just may be a different "rough".  you make do.  my only rec for 2u2.  get out!  don't stay cooped up in the house (while on ML or if you SAH).  strap on #2 in a carrier, put #1 in the stroller (or let walk if prefers) and go for a walk, go to the library, walk around the mall,  get out!  ; )

GL.   

• Options
    imageHalo79RN:

I found it pretty easy when #2 was a newborn. he slept a lot.  dd just looked at him, went on with her life. it was when he started to be awake more and demanding my attention more that dd acted out. I'd say months 2-4.  then he started giggling at dd and that was it. she was the center of the universe again and all was good.  lol.

much depends on the baby's temperament . #2 was a laid back baby who napped a lot.  we woke more in the night for longer, but not much longer. he started bf'ing sooner than dd (some latch issues but really no feeding problems)
    #1 pg, delivery and first few weeks pp were rough (severe preeclampsia, dd had a bad case of jaundice, wt loss, feeding issues, latch issues for months, I was in the ER with her at 5days old with hypothermia. she couldn't gain and couldn't keep the temp up, then she never napped long during the day.  cat naps here and there. but she sttn early , 10hr nights by 3months).  so #2 seemed like a breeze.  

when #1 was born, our lives completely changed.  and we had a lot of stress.  when #2 was born, he just fit into our routines.  strapped him into a carrier and went on my way.  one thing that did help , I put dd in a MMO 1-2 mornings a week.  even if it was just an hour or two (usually it was for 2 hrs or 3 hrs at a time), it was helpful.  I could spend alone time with #2, or go to the grocery with just one child as opposed to 2... take ds to his well visits without dd.  helpful since we have no family around us.  

dc are 19 months apart. they are older now.  ds will be 3 soon, dd is 4 1/2.  they are the best of friends.  there are rough days. there will be no matter the age difference... just may be a different "rough".  you make do.  my only rec for 2u2.  get out!  don't stay cooped up in the house (while on ML or if you SAH).  strap on #2 in a carrier, put #1 in the stroller (or let walk if prefers) and go for a walk, go to the library, walk around the mall,  get out!  ; )

GL.   

Wow. Thanks for the info!! I'm going to start praying now.. lol.

• Options
    Can we have another option, the "I'm pregnant and just want to see the results of this poll" option? Smile  I don't want to just pick an answer at random and skew your results, which I think might happen if you don't put that option out there since other expecting 2u2 moms want to know.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageKC_13:
    Can we have another option, the "I'm pregnant and just want to see the results of this poll" option? Smile  I don't want to just pick an answer at random and skew your results, which I think might happen if you don't put that option out there since other expecting 2u2 moms want to know.

KC - you can just click "view results" at the bottom of the poll if you don't want to vote;)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageghostgirl:

imageKC_13:

KC - you can just click "view results" at the bottom of the poll if you don't want to vote;)

Thanks! I never noticed that. Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageHalo79RN:

GL.   

Wow! Thanks for all of the info. The reason I wanted 2u2 is so that they can be close in  age. I have 3 siblings, and they're all at least 7 years apart from me. I'm looking forward to them being best of friends.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"