Babies: 3 - 6 Months

POLL: Favorite thing about your baby shower?

I'm planning one for my sister and know all the "standard" games and what-not, but am just wondering about ideas that make the shower more special/fun for the parents-to-be (it's going to be coed). 

I think I'm going to find a hardcover kids' book that goes with the shower theme and have all the guests sign inside the cover as a "guest book" that can start the baby's library.  I'm looking for stuff like that--keepsake ideas, or memorable activities, or even things to keep the guys entertained (besides having the World Series on TV). ;)

Was there anything about your shower that you thought was really fun/unique/special?

Thanks!

Re: POLL: Favorite thing about your baby shower?

• I just got a book that I think is very cool.  It is a blank notebook that a friend had people write parenting advice in and then gave it to us.  It has many blank pages to add things and then we can pass it on to Michael when he is older and has children.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love looking at the signed photo mats from the shower with our sonogram photos in it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • My sister created a game with trivia about DH and me when we were little. Things like: Who walked first? Who poked Mickey Mouse in the eye? Etc...
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • My Mom had everyone guess what would be the baby's birth date, weight and lenght.  Then we kept that and waited to see who was right!  It was neat and fun...I've also put that list in Livy's baby book.  I'll think it will be really neat for her to see who was there and what they guessed!
  • My sister bought DH a daddy tool belt which he loved! It had goggles, baby wipes, tongs for removing diapers, clothes pin for pinching his nose and so forth..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My friends who threw the shower bought Birthday cards for DS for every year until he is 18.  They passed all the cards around and let everyone sign them.  Some of them were so funnny, like the 16th and 18th Birthday ones!  I thought it was such a cute idea and I cannot wait to open them every year.

Another thing they did was on the invite they said to bring a package of diapers to be entered into a raffel.  DS will be 6 months old tomorrow and I still have about 10 pkgs left! It was awesome.

• Cake. mmmmmmmm...I love cake!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"