Success after IF

My butt hurts

I'm having one of those "Why can't I get pregnant from a stick in the va-jay-jay one time rather than mulitiple sticks in the deep gluteal muscles of my ass over and over and over again" days. 

Delestrogen hurts more than I remember PIO hurting---oh and I get to start PIO in just a few short weeks with it.

That's all for now.  We have crappy weather today so I guess my mood has joined it.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My butt hurts

• I'm so sorry.  Sending ice cubes to your butt, Melissa. ;)  I hope the meds whip up a baby-making hurricane inside ya after all of this!
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • imagealchris:
    I'm so sorry.  Sending ice cubes to your butt, Melissa. ;)  I hope the meds whip up a baby-making hurricane inside ya after all of this!

Thanks friend :-) 

• Loading the player...
  • I am sorry your butt hurts!!!!! I will not spank it for a while... I promise! :-)
    imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageTheSkimmy:
    I am sorry your butt hurts!!!!! I will not spank it for a while... I promise! :-)

Crazy hormonal preggo!!!!  Maybe I should sit on some snow cones!!

• imageTheSkimmy:
    I am sorry your butt hurts!!!!! I will not spank it for a while... I promise! :-)

lol, I'm also sorry your butt hurts.

Ella- 8/22/08, Jules and Tuck- 12/15/10
  • I'm sorry :(  But at least it's all worth it when you get pg right!? :)
    Married on 3.20.2004. It took 30 month, 2 failed adoptions and IVF for our first miracle. We have had 9 foster kids since he was born and started the domestic adoption process when he was 10 month old, we had 4 failed matches in that time. After our daughter was born we brought her home and spent 2 weeks fearing we might lose her because of complications that came up. But Praise God all went through and she is ours forever! Expecting again after IVF Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers image
  • imageMayDayGirl:
    I'm sorry :(  But at least it's all worth it when you get pg right!? :)

Yes- it will all be worth it!!!!!!!

• I think you'll get to scream the same things at your kids that I will to mine someday - "DO YOU KNOW WHAT I WENT THRU TO GET YOU HERE?"  Now ace that test and get into Harvard. lol.

FWIW... I started sitting down on the toilet and shooting my side butt area and right around the hip joint 3 fingers below area.... it seems to hurt a bit less than the arse. and I go really slow. and I wait a minute and then rub it in REALLY good, circles, smushes, slaps... seems to not make the knot as much and the hurt is less.  Kinda.

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • imageGermanwife2b:

imageTheSkimmy:

Crazy hormonal preggo!!!!  Maybe I should sit on some snow cones!!

Yes I will make you snow cones when you come up for my delivery and you can sit on them!!!! But I'm not eating those afterward!!!!!!

imageimage
    Married 8.13.2005, M/C 12/8/06- 5 weeks, M/C 2/27/07- 7 weeks, M/C w/ D&C 8/10/09-6.5 weeks *Charles Lawrence born 5/2/08 @ 3:14am, 7lb 8oz, 20.5 inches. Clomid, Crinone and baby aspirin. *Alexandra Claire born 9/14/10 @ 9:52am 6lb 14oz, 20.5 inches. Femara, Crinone and baby aspirin. Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageDavezWife:

I think you'll get to scream the same things at your kids that I will to mine someday - "DO YOU KNOW WHAT I WENT THRU TO GET YOU HERE?"  Now ace that test and get into Harvard. lol.

FWIW... I started sitting down on the toilet and shooting my side butt area and right around the hip joint 3 fingers below area.... it seems to hurt a bit less than the arse. and I go really slow. and I wait a minute and then rub it in REALLY good, circles, smushes, slaps... seems to not make the knot as much and the hurt is less.  Kinda.

Ok- call me the wimpiest nurse you have ever met, but there is no way in hell that I am shooting myself up anywhere for an IM injection.  I am always in awe of people who can do their own IM's.  Martin does them all and I actually think he does it about where you say.  It is a huge production too!  I numb it with ice, lay on the couch with my head in the pillows, breathe and whine and moan until it is over and then sit on a heating pad to distribute the oil (castor oil).  Can you believe I am the same person who has natural childbirth??  Anyway, I just don't remeber the PIOs making me ache this much the next day.  This Delestrogen is something else.   No knots that I can feel though...not yet anyway.  But i am only on my 2nd injection.

• whhhaaaaaaaaaaa?  next you'll tell me that seeing someone vomit makes you sick. lol.  (once time I spent an hour changing a bedridden patient's entire bed linens -  WITH THEM IN THE BED.... and then I got her in clean dry clothes, all lotioned up and smelling nice... she looks at me and says "I'm going to puke."  I instantly held out my scrub shirt by the front bottom edge, and told her to barf right in my shirt. True story. I was NOT doing that bed thing again!!!)

I personally cringe at the ice 1st idea.... you're tensing up those muscles. Loose loose loose muscles. flabby is the key!

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • imageDavezWife:

I personally cringe at the ice 1st idea.... you're tensing up those muscles. Loose loose loose muscles. flabby is the key!

First- you are a better nurse than I am :-)

I hear you on the ice thing.  It was a suggestion given to us by the nurses at my clinic and worked VERY well for me with the PIO shots.  I tolerated those suckers very well.  No lumpy butt and very little soreness (and I never feel the needle- only the medicine).  Martin also warms the oil between his hands to make it warm going in. 

Oh- and who are you calling flabby???  I have one tight ass my friend!!

• I hope your get a BFP and it will all be worth it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"