Postpartum Depression

What are some of the concerns/anxieties you are feeling RIGHT NOW?

what's going on in your head at this very moment?

for me, it's me feeling guilty that I have to put my LO in his PNP while I steal some "mom time"

God Bless our sweet baby James. Our son, born 11/22/09. Unplanned, Emergency C-section image
"Wearing his BING CROSBY clothes and crooning...buuuh buuh buuuh" Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What are some of the concerns/anxieties you are feeling RIGHT NOW?

• *My DH and I won't have time for each other anymore.

*I'm responsible for this little person...forever.

*I won't be able  to handle being a stay at home mom because I won't keep busy enough and will have to put LO in daycare.

*I'll never feel comfortable as a mom.

Man, typing all these makes me seem like such a heartless, ungrateful person.  We talked about all of these things before I became pregnant and we were both willing to make this life change.  Now that it's here though, I keep thinking "what the he!! have we done?".  And I feel horrible for that.  I know this is just the hormones because I am feeling this way less and less each day but I still feel horrible about it.  I love my LO and my DH sooo much, I just want to feel comfortable in my "role" again.  I know how to take care of babies (worked at a baby shelter for abused/neglected kids for 3 years, worked at daycares, taught for 6 years) and know I can do it, it just seems so overwhelming right now to think I can't just do what I want when I want now because of LO. 

This feeling will pass once everything becomes a habit, right?

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My DH and I won't have time for each other anymore.*I'm responsible for this little person...forever.*I won't be able  to handle being a stay at home mom because I won't keep busy enough and will have to put LO in daycare.*I'll never feel comfortable as a mom.Man, typing all these makes me seem like such a heartless, ungrateful person.  We talked about all of these things before I became pregnant and we were both willing to make this life change.  Now that it's here though, I keep thinking "what the he!! have we done?".  And I feel horrible for that.  I know this is just the hormones because I am feeling this way less and less each day but I still feel horrible about it.  I love my LO and my DH sooo much, I just want to feel comfortable in my "role" again.  I know how to take care of babies (worked at a baby shelter for abused/neglected kids for 3 years, worked at daycares, taught for 6 years) and know I can do it, it just seems so overwhelming right now to think I can't just do what I want when I want now because of LO. This feeling will pass once everything becomes a habit, right?   THIS exactly for me.........like to a t 
  • Loading the player...
  • ** DD won't nap and its driving me nuts**

DH is upset that we have no sex life and I feel bad but not enough to do anything about it.

Am I cut out to be a SAHM?  

• I am dreading the sound of my DD crying to be feed when I really want to go to bed and sleep through the night without having to wake up to take care of her. I feel guilty that I think like this. 

I want all of these terrible feelings to go away.

I want to feel as connected to my DD as my DH does.

I hate being a SAHM and am counting the days until I return to work.

I hate that my DH wants to spend the few hours he has with our DD at home when all I want to do is escape with him. I want him to want to escape too.  

Nursing Bras at Nurtured Family BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"