TTC after 35
Options

IUI success stories ?

Are there success stories for IUI on this board? For our age, does it work? Should I be posting on the pregnant after 35, which I probably will do.

Kristin

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: IUI success stories ?

• Options
    Our first IUI resulted in this pregnancy. Our first pregnancy was when I took Femara with timed intercourse. This one had Femara, Follistim, and Ovidrel. But with all of those meds, I produced only one egg that month. I was so angry to try IUI with only one follie, but somehow it ended up working. I hope that helped a bit! I've been keeping track of what's going on with you, and hope you're doing well!
  • Options

Holy crap how did you get to 20 weeks already?? I have no idea what is going to happen but just wanted to hear something of positive for IUI.

Thanks!!

Kristin

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did one IUI and got pg with DS and then I did two IUIs and got pg with DD on the second try.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC #1 Cycle #18 m/c Jan. 9, 2007, chemical pg May 4, 2007, methotrexate shot Oct. 5, 2007--m/c Oct. 9, 2007, IUI Nov. 17, 2007 It worked! beta 11/30 & 12/6 TTC #2 Cycle #5 IUI July 20, 2009 -BFN 8-3-09 Cycle #6 IUI August 17, 2009-BFP! 8-31-09, beta 9-1-09, 9-8-09, saw the H/B 9-22-09 EDD 5-10-10
  • Options
    We got a lucky BFP with our first cycle of IUI w/Clomid & Injections (Follistim) (RE had said to expect to try 3 times).  I had 2 follicles/eggs that cycle, so could have been twins but it wasn't.  Also, I'm very scared of needles, but I managed to suck it up, and the follistim pen made it very easy.  The needles are so fine that it's painless, too.  So I say YAY to IUI!
  • Options

After we had DD, we tried on our own for 5 months and then we did 1 cycle with IUI and are now pregnant with twins!!  I think I ovulated 3 eggs (but the doc says its hard to tell b/c there was an empty sac on both sides of my ovaries).  I have the feeling that the injections help my eggs develop better (if that even makes any sense).  We got pg with DD after 3 failed IUIs - we were on a break cycle before started IVF meds.  So I think that the leftover hormones in my body still gave my eggs the ability to develop a little better. 

::note: a doc has never said this to me, this is just my opinion (and I am not a doctor)::

good luck~~

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    image&&:

We got pg with DD after 3 failed IUIs - we were on a break cycle before started IVF meds.  So I think that the leftover hormones in my body still gave my eggs the ability to develop a little better. 

I think this helped me get pregnant too.  I had just finished a failed IVF cycle, and we decided to try to do an IUI with Gonal-F the month right after.  The IUI was what ended up doing the trick! 

• Options

Lucky #5 IUI here!

First IUI was a BFP that ended in a m/c, but we got there with #5.

• Options
    My third IUI and first w/ injectables resulted in twins...my motto is be careful what you ask for. GL to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"